Thread: How do the offers work?

Default How do the offers work?

OK, stupid questions from a newbie. In looking through the offers, it seems that many of them are too good to be true (ex: "Subway for a year") If I click on these offers, what kinds of things am I going to have to participate in? Will I have to join alot of things and give my credit card number to companies and be "accidentally" charged for stuff for months on end and and and.... things I've had to deal with before... ?

I guess I'm just not exactly sure how this whole thing works. Seems that if you want to really rack up the rewards, you have to really spend alot of money.... Am I right?

Thanks for any input.

I'm new as well - joined back in April. I only do "free offers" and surveys. I also click on the e-mails and look for the paid clicks. I do not do anything that requires a credit card. Look under the free offers link to start.

Most of the time I go through the fake survey they offer, indicating no or signing up for a newsletter if required. I then look for a confirmation e-mail and click to confirm. Some offers have them, some don't. Some offers will credit, some will not. If you don't get credit, try again in a couple of weeks with a different e-mail address.

Some offers track by your e-mail, some by your ISP, some who knows?? You will get massive amounts of spam. I have a gmail account I use for SR. I also track what offers I have done and what e-mail I used for an offer on a spread sheet. And I clear cookies from my computer by hand several times a day and run spybot at least once a week.

I just cashed out for a $100.00 gift card.

I'm sure some of the long-timers will have more advice.

No...you don't have to give them your credit card numbers...you will have to give them an email address that will be bombarded by junk mail. (so you'll want a special email address - for all the junk mail)

There are tons of free offers that you don't have to spend any money...and it really ads up quickly.

Also, there are the daily surveys...they are sometimes a lot of work, but you get .80/ a day for those. And there are bonuses for doing a lot of surveys in a month.

If you want to find a good place to start, go to the automatic credit thread...Since the end would be the most recent, you should start at the end and work backwards on doing those offers. Here's that thread: http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/...read.php?t=644

A great one crediting right now is Broken Gold...all you have to do is fill out one page of information and you get a $1.00!!!
    *~Kimberly~*

Sunshine Rewards

Daughters, Son-In-Law, and Grandson = An Amazing Disney Experience!

DisneyMa is offline I need to be moving, but I'm relaxing on SR!!

What about putting your birthday and address? Am I just parinoid? It sounds like giving that info could get your identity stolen or at least messed up with. How do you go about offers that require that info?
    Sunshine Rewards

I guess I don't worry a lot. I put my address in there and never think anything about it...I will be honest with you (but don't tell anyone else ), but I do not use my real birthday..but I use the same one on EVERY offer. I use a combination of my birthday, my mom's, and my daugthers.
    *~Kimberly~*

Sunshine Rewards

Daughters, Son-In-Law, and Grandson = An Amazing Disney Experience!

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Well I use a nickname + my last name with my bf's address.
    Sunshine Rewards

I use a gmail account for the offers, so that I can keep the spam down in my regular account.
    I try to do the free offers, the ones that advertise some fantastic item, which is not what I want, to get the payout from Sunshine Rewards, which is what I do want. I don't worry about fullfilling every requirement to get a free xbox or something. If you sign up for all of those, you'll not be able to sign up when Sunshine runs it as a separate offer.
    There are some great trials for products I really use, which I do occasionally sign-up for. My kids enjoyed the music downloads, and we found which site was eaiser to navigate and had better music. We also like books, so I was always doing those anyway, now I get SR$ for doing so.
    Right now we're doing the RealArcade trial. The whole family likes games, so its good for us.
    I also shop through links on SR, and have earned money that way.
    There are some great free offers right now, Broken Gold, ITT, etc...
    Hyatt Gold Passport is good, the insurance quotes from Esurance and others are good. I like Fastweb. Obopay is great, and handy, too.
    have fun,
    it isn't that hard, it just takes a while to figure it all out.
    MY BIG TIP, I didn't realize that some weren't crediting because I hadn't responded to the confirmation email. Check your email, if you don't see one and think it should be there, search your email, including the bulk file using hte words "confirm, confirmation, etc."
    Kelly
    Sunshine Rewards