Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's time to go to School!

Default It's time to go to School!

Well here we are, the first day of School in East Tennessee! I have been off all summer and have to go back to "College", well work this morning. My DS16starts his Junior year and my Ds18 is still working his summer job. A very sleepy and exciting morning at our house. I miss summer already! Fall break is not far off............
    Sammielynn
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

School already!!!! Wow!!!! That is so early! Hope you have a great day!

We start after Labor day. A little ways away still, but it will come fast! I am a SAHM, and I get teary eyed on the first day of school. I LOVE having my kids home in the summer. I hate seeing them go. What will I do when they go off to college??? I am such a sap.....

Angela
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

We start here in two weeks and I just became a SAHM again after working for 5 years. DD's are sophmore and senior this year so don't really need me home but there is so little time left that I'm going to enjoy it and worry about working again in 3-4 years.
    Happy Back to School

Sammielynn, I have to ask, why in the world does TN go back to school so early? My DH is interviewing with a company from Cookeville, he wouldn't be located out of there office right away, but maybe someday. So, we started looking online at the comm., houses and schools. We were horrified to see they went back on 7/31!!! Yuck! We don't start school until after Labor Day here. Is there a rhyme or reason why TN is on this kind of schedule?
    Sunshine Rewards

We started back on the 3rd, so this will be their first full week. I know here we get out fairly early compared to others. Our kids got out on the 18th of May. They get out this year on the 21st of May! Plus, we have lots of scheduled breaks throughout the school year.

Lydia
    LydiaSunshine Rewards

Part of the reason they go back so early is due to having a fall and spring break. Also there is a great deal of talk about year around school and some think they are trying to get us ready for that. We do get out of school on May 22.
    Angela, you need to do what I am doing about your kids going off to college. My DS18 will be a freshman at the college where I work. So he will be going off to college six miles down the road with Mom. And in Tennessee we get a 50% discount for our kids. Makes my job look better!
    Sammielynn
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

UGH!! I'm so glad it's you and not me...we used to start this early, but can't this year due to new state regulations. We start the 27th (well students, I start the 20th). I did make myself get up early this morning though and am going to try to start getting myself back to a normal schedule...tomorrow I'll start getting my daughter up earlier and earlier too to get her back and ready.
    *~Kimberly~*

Sunshine Rewards

Daughters, Son-In-Law, and Grandson = An Amazing Disney Experience!

My daughter doesn't go back until the day after Labor Day, but she'd be content to go back tomorrow. She's SUPER-excited about going to "big girl school" (i.e., full day kindergarten) and we've had all the supplies in hand for almost three weeks because she was so desperate to go pick out her stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by TtownAnne View Post
    My daughter doesn't go back until the day after Labor Day, but she'd be content to go back tomorrow. She's SUPER-excited about going to "big girl school" (i.e., full day kindergarten) and we've had all the supplies in hand for almost three weeks because she was so desperate to go pick out her stuff.
    Oh my word, too cute!! I hope she has a GREAT first year in "big girl school".

My oldest DD is going into 2nd grade and is counting down the minutes until school starts again (not until 9/5 for her). She's thoroughly annoyed by the whole "summer vacation thing" because she feels that SHE doesn't need the summer off...I assured her that while SHE may not need the summer off, her TEACHERS certainly do!
    Lori

Sunshine Rewards 8x Super Member

Wow, School around here in NY will not start for another month yet! Wow it will be here before we know it.

Hope the first day has gone well for your kids!
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.