Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with Photobooks!

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Default Help with Photobooks!

My brother has decided he wants me to make my parents a photobook from the two of us. He has done the hard part of gathering photos, scanning them, and emailing them to me and my job is to put them together in a book. I read through the photo gift thread and it looks like Shutterfly is a good choice for books. What I wanted to ask was has anyone actually done a book and what kind of cover did you put on it? I see they have 3 options but I'm not sure which one to go with. I hope we make the shipping deadline.
    Sunshine Rewards

I've done the book a couple of times. For at least one, I did the thing with the see through box that showed the first page picture. Is that still an option?
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    My brother has decided he wants me to make my parents a photobook from the two of us. He has done the hard part of gathering photos, scanning them, and emailing them to me and my job is to put them together in a book. I read through the photo gift thread and it looks like Shutterfly is a good choice for books. What I wanted to ask was has anyone actually done a book and what kind of cover did you put on it? I see they have 3 options but I'm not sure which one to go with. I hope we make the shipping deadline.
    I guess you didn't watch my videoblog. LOL

http://www.sunshinerewards.com/video...shine-rewards/
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

I made one like Tricia did- cute!
    Sunshine RewardsRobin

I actually just placed an order tonight with Shutterfly for an 8x8 book. This is the first time I've done one of these so it took me a lot of hours to do it. It probably won't take you that long at all. I went with a photo cover (not the see through one). For standard shipping it said they couldn't guarantee the delivery dates (something like the 19-24) so I opted for the second option which was $3 more. The whole thing was a little pricey, but it's for my new granddaughter, so was worth it. I'll know to allow more time next time and will have one ready for when there is a SR offer. Good luck!

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Thanks! I'm a little panicky over this since it is last minute and I know is going to take a few days to do. I've already seen a few merchants on here not offering to have things to you by Christmas so I've had to change a few orders already. I'm going to start working on it tonight after work after I get my ring to the repair shop but I just don't know what to do cover wise. I'll try the video Cindy.
    Sunshine Rewards

I've done a book with an opening in the front, and I've done a book where the picture is printed on the cover. There's a difference in quality, in that in the year between the cover-opening one they started making them better than the printed-cover one, and my camera changed so the photos were better quality, but with that said, I like the look of the printed-cover one better.

BUT. Do I have it right that these are printed pictures (perhaps film pictures) that he's scanned and then you've put them onto your computer? If so, get a smaller book. I was making a (free) book elsewhere, and I wanted to make a big one, like 8x11 size, and most of my not-so-high resolution pictures would have been fuzzy and blurry in it. I had to get an 8x8 so the pictures would be small enough so their lower resolution would work in it. So if I understand your picture situation, go smaller than you might want to, because it would be a bummer to have fuzzy pictures, since scanned prints aren't going to have anywhere near as good a resolution as will be needed for big pictures. Probably.

Have fun!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by mollyeilis View Post
    I've done a book with an opening in the front, and I've done a book where the picture is printed on the cover. There's a difference in quality, in that in the year between the cover-opening one they started making them better than the printed-cover one, and my camera changed so the photos were better quality, but with that said, I like the look of the printed-cover one better.

BUT. Do I have it right that these are printed pictures (perhaps film pictures) that he's scanned and then you've put them onto your computer? If so, get a smaller book. I was making a (free) book elsewhere, and I wanted to make a big one, like 8x11 size, and most of my not-so-high resolution pictures would have been fuzzy and blurry in it. I had to get an 8x8 so the pictures would be small enough so their lower resolution would work in it. So if I understand your picture situation, go smaller than you might want to, because it would be a bummer to have fuzzy pictures, since scanned prints aren't going to have anywhere near as good a resolution as will be needed for big pictures. Probably.

Have fun!
    Thanks. There will be 50/50 with the scanned vs. digital photos. I could pick a digital one to put on the cover but I'm not sure yet. I'll play around tonight and see what happens.
    Sunshine Rewards

Thanks. There will be 50/50 with the scanned vs. digital photos. I could pick a digital one to put on the cover but I'm not sure yet. I'll play around tonight and see what happens.
    Good luck! Let us know what you decide and do. I did order the photo cover. All my pics were digital. It took me awhile to drag the pictures from various places onto my desktop and into a Shutterfly album. I ordered the 8x8. A few pictures came up as low resolution so I chose a smaller picture size (like 4 pics on a page instead of 3). but for a few I just left it thinking it would be okay. I ordered my Christmas cards from Vista Prints, 3 digital pictures on the front. It said low resolution for all of them, but there was no way to change it so I just used them and hoped they would be fine and they really were great, so I'm hoping for the same outcome with the book. I'll be anxious to hear how your book is going!

Ok so I have a 12x12 book made with backgrounds and layouts looking good. My new problem though is on some of these layouts there are places for verbage/wording and I don't want to put a caption. What happens if I leave these areas blank? Anything? I can't figure out how to delete them entirely.
    Sunshine Rewards