Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with Photobooks!

I had the caption areas when I made my calendars, and the ones I left blank just didn't print. I mean, there wasnt the little white box or anything, just like the caption boxes weren't there. They turned out awesome.
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Thanks, had I just scrolled over two more boxes I would have seen the one marked PREVIEW LOL. I noticed they took the boxes away. Now I'm just wondering if I should try and find something to put in those boxes or just leave it alone. I have the book 50/50 with captions/no captions.
    Sunshine Rewards

I had the same decision to make, and decided that if something popped into my head right away for a picture caption, then that was fine, but the ones that I couldn't think of something right away, might turn out kind of cheesy if I had to try to hard, ya know? Anyhow, mine was about half with, half without. I am really happy with how it turned out.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    Ok so I have a 12x12 book made with backgrounds and layouts looking good. My new problem though is on some of these layouts there are places for verbage/wording and I don't want to put a caption. What happens if I leave these areas blank? Anything? I can't figure out how to delete them entirely.

I left a few areas for wording blank too. I'm almost positive that I read somewhere on the site that if you leave an area blank, that area will just show up as blank with nothing, so I think you should be good to go. Is there a phone number anywhere to call if you want to be 100% positive? Congratulations on finishing the book! I'm sure your parents will love it. I'll go over to Shutterfly right now and see if I can find what I read and where it is.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by Iteach View Post
    I left a few areas for wording blank too. I'm almost positive that I read somewhere on the site that if you leave an area blank, that area will just show up as blank with nothing, so I think you should be good to go. Is there a phone number anywhere to call if you want to be 100% positive? Congratulations on finishing the book! I'm sure your parents will love it. I'll go over to Shutterfly right now and see if I can find what I read and where it is.
    It's actually NOT their book LOL. It is a book I had started before with Mike and I's photopass session so sort of an engagement album but then I got tired of just those photos and expanded to a few park photos. I am doing 2 copies - one for him and one for them but since one is for him I can't ask for his opinion.

Basically what is happening is the first half is our photopass session photos and those are the blank captions and the second half is some park photos with captions. So right now the book is kind of divided if that makes sense. But I don't want to mix the photos to spread out the captions.
    Sunshine Rewards

I think that it sounds lovely the way you have it.
    Sunshine Rewards

I've done some books by them before and have always been pleased.
    For the writing options, you could always find verses, poem selections or something like that to fill the spots. But if you are pressed for time, leave it blank. Maybe you can go back and hand write in things and then it will have your handwriting!
    When I ordered the family calendars a few weeks ago, I had no idea what to write on them so I searched for little sayings about each month of the year and put a little section from a poem or story or writing on each page. Like in August I think I put "Shall I compare thee to a summers day..." and had the author on there.
    I placed my order November 30 (SUnday) and had the calendar and my photo cards on my doorstep in 4 days-on Thursday. They are always pretty fast!

Good luck!

I went with the quotes option and I think I'm going to do that for my parents book when I finish that one up today.

Thanks for the help!
    Sunshine Rewards