Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: (ENDED) Countdown Contest: 9 Days Until Christmas

I like to wrap - I'm just not very creative!!! I only have DD and DH to wrap for - each gets a different wrapping paper and DD gets a different paper if the present came from me or from Santa!!
    Karn
    Sunshine Rewards

Member #4187

I try to always use different wrapping paper for presents for the kids "from Santa" and then different paper for other presents. I usually send the girls presents for school in bags since it is easier for them to keep up with.
    ~ In the past we have always put together those that are ackward or rather large to make room for us 5 to be around the tree. But this year, we are wrapping ALL of them.
    "Be kinder than necessary, because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Michelle

I don't mind wrapping, but I definitely struggle to find time. So my solution is to ask DH to help me. He actually enjoys wrapping (strange man that he is, LOL) and does a better job than I do. We don't bag anything because I love the concept of shredding the paper off a present. I know my kiddos prefer it. Santa presents aren't wrapped - they are under the tree "naked" on Christmas morning.
    Lori

Sunshine Rewards 8x Super Member

I too code my gifts for my DDs. One year I wrote their names in white crayon and then on Christmas they went over with a marker to "reveal" the names. I have also done numbers and different letters of the alphabet. This year I was wrapping while watching Survivor so I named one DD's gifts Gabon and the other's Nobag. Now they are trying to figure out who is Gabon and who is Nobag. Ok, I guess a little corny this year but it keeps them guessing.

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

I actually portrayed a gift wrapper for several holiday seasons when I was in high school at a local high end store so my gift wrapping skills are top notch. With that being said I annoy hubby because I wrap so meticulously. Every corner perfect everything has to be perfect. For several years we have had a Mardi Gras Themed tree. So we try to stay with that for gift wrap. This year we are doing purple and silver textured paper we bought at home goods. Then it will most likely have grosgrain ribbon on it and a bow. All perfect around the bottom of the tree.

We only give gifts in our own little family (though we actually do have something for MIL this year), so I just like lots of color in the pile 'o gifts! I generally buy a little bit of paper each year, and then I have tons left over from even 10 years ago, and then I just play and try to make things bright and pretty.
    Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

I have to keep it straight with three kids who still believe in Santa (well not sure about the oldest but he's not letting on if he does) so I have 3 different types for each one, and they all get wrapped in the same theme/color for that child. Then I have to be sneaky (since I do wrap Santa gifts, kids get up before us and I WANT to see their expression when they get their Santa gifts, if i didn't wrap them we would only see the 2nd expression) and either find a Santa wrapping paper I haven't used before or a new roll for the Santa gifts. I used to do bows and ribbons, but I just don't have the time.

I don't mind wrapping it's the pulling everything out of hiding, wrapping it then putting it back! I would start to put some of their stuff out but DS I know will get pick it up and go "video game" "xxxx" and try to guess even if it's NOT his!
    Sunshine Rewards

recycle the comic strip from the sunday papers for children's gifts.

I enjoy wrapping! I do the adult gifts in certain papers that coordinate and then the kids each get their own paper that their gifts are wrapped in. It's fun! I rarely do gift bags- they're too peekable!
    Sunshine RewardsRobin

I try to wrap "Santa" gifts with the same paper and then items from us and any other relatives that get shipped out unwrapped go in gift bags or different paper. DH and I usually do it at the last minute after the kids go to bed.
    ~Amy
    Sunshine Rewards