Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! Last minute Christmas gift...

Default Help! Last minute Christmas gift...

Ok I need help from SR. Here's the deal. I am struggling with finding a Christmas gift for my Dad. Why is that a problem? I have only known him for the last 3 yrs. He has everything! Literally. ( a Boat, 3 Harleys, a Saleen Mustang, 2 vans .... A big man cave to put it all in ) He's retired so he comes and goes as he pleases. Loves to go to drag races and is a Freebird literally speaking! I given him pictures of me when I was little. But all really I have given him was gift cards and gift subscriptions to clubs and magazines. This year I am STUCK~ I want to give him something that shows how much I so glad he is in my life> I cant buy a card because they are either too plain or are for kids who have had their dad all thier life. The clock is ticking and I need some inspiration. So Trica, Cindy, Magical Jen ( if your back) Sunni, Kathi, Amy, Blessing and Miracle , Angie and M n C' ... purge me with ideas and anyone else that wants to jump in.
    "Be kinder than necessary, because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Michelle

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Oh tough one. I am having trouble with my own dad. As cheesy as it sounds could you make a photobook in the next 24 hours of the past 3 years. I can't remember your family makeup (kids or sans kids) but maybe you can find pictures of you/your family with him the past 3 years to put in a photobook and you can google for fun quotes to put as captions. That is what my brother and I are doing for my parents along with some gift cards.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by mia214jia View Post
    Ok I need help from SR. Here's the deal. I am struggling with finding a Christmas gift for my Dad. Why is that a problem? I have only known him for the last 3 yrs. He has everything! Literally. ( a Boat, 3 Harleys, a Saleen Mustang, 2 vans .... A big man cave to put it all in ) He's retired so he comes and goes as he pleases. Loves to go to drag races and is a Freebird literally speaking! I given him pictures of me when I was little. But all really I have given him was gift cards and gift subscriptions to clubs and magazines. This year I am STUCK~ I want to give him something that shows how much I so glad he is in my life> I cant buy a card because they are either too plain or are for kids who have had their dad all thier life. The clock is ticking and I need some inspiration. So Trica, Cindy, Magical Jen ( if your back) Sunni, Kathi, Amy, Blessing and Miracle , Angie and M n C' ... purge me with ideas and anyone else that wants to jump in.
    Hmmm, does he need a wife, someone in their 50'? J/K

If he has all these toys, there are always some neat things to buy him for them. Maybe new Harley riding gloves. Theres a neat Harley calendar at calendars.com and a neat book on Overstock, 100 years of Harley. If he smoked, there are several place that have Harley cigarette lighters. Also, what about a nice basket from GourmetGiftBaskets. They even have a beer pail if he drinks beer, its pretty cute, and they have FS right now. Or someplace that has home food delivery like Home Bistro, their stuff is excellent.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

I was just reading a magazine yesterday and it had 8 gift ideas for guys. Am I allowed to put the link on here?
    *****cannot mention merchants that are not Sunshine Rewards*******
    If this is now allowed, I'll delete.
    I thought the solar powered battery charger was cool. Also the grill with built in speakers! Another option might be a steak box. I know we have sent boxes to DH's dad and step mom of steaks and stuff.
    One of the other ideas on that magazine article was a charger station. We have one but it is larger. We have our cell phone chargers in it and the battery charger for the camera. When we go on a trip, we just pick up the charger and take it with us. It has all our plugs in it. It keeps all the phones in one place. I think this would be great for a guy with electronic gadgets.
    Last edited by icartjetta; 12-18-2008 at 12:09 PM.

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    Hmmm, does he need a wife, someone in their 50'? J/K
    As I recall, you are taken, but I am not.

Good luck, I hope you find something. Amazon is a great place to look because they have nearly everything, great prices and they are shipping until about the 23rd.
    Last edited by arob414; 12-18-2008 at 02:06 PM.

What about a digital photo frame uploaded with pictures or a personalized photo frame from GiftsForYouNow with a photo of the two of you. Their frames are fabulous and reasonably priced. Then there is always Nuts on the Net. HTH's. Let us know what you decide. Good luck.
    Sunshine Rewards

a gas card for all his toys.
    <Sunshine Rewards

Michele...that is a tough one. My dad doesn't need anything either...

I like Cate's idea about a photobook...about all your family or Lisa's digital frame.

Since he is coming and going...does he have a GPS yet?

You wil laugh at what I am doing....I am baking a big pot of Boston Baked Beans, homemade bread and desserts. It's his favorite. He says mine are as good as my grandmother's was. I already sent him some cookies from Dancing Deer.

I will keep thinking.
    Marilyn

Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

I agree with the others, if you can do a photobook, in time, I think that would be a fabulous gift. Especially given your history of not growing up with him. If you could do a chronological one, he could kind of see you as you grew up.

What about a gift pack from Omaha Steaks? Does he like to cook - I know it's winter time, but my father likes to BBQ year round, given the opportunity, LOL!
    Lori

Sunshine Rewards 8x Super Member