Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: was my thread deleted?

Default was my thread deleted?

i made a thread in here earlier about venting... but i cant find it anywhere... im confused.

doing a search doesnt help either (i thought maybe it was moved)

help?

I have no idea on the thread...but the easiest way to find one of your posts is to click on your name (like in this thread) and view all posts by you.
    Sunshine Rewards

Yes, it was deleted. We are trying to limit the amount of complaining on the forum, with the exception of technical complaints which have their own stickies to post in. It seems when one person starts to complain, everyone jumps on the band wagon and we are getting a lot of feed back from our members that the Sunshine forum is no longer a happy place and they are not enjoying reading the threads as much. We want people to come here enjoy reading thie threads, therefore, we are asking to keep venting to a minimum. Everyone goes through spells of not getting credits, everyone experiences times of not getting surveys, everyone at some time may not get a purchase to credit, and there are plenty of threads here you can find through the search to help you get the credits again. Hope everyone here understands why we feel the need to do this. This is not aimed at you, this is aimed at everyone, so don't take it personal, its just something we feel we have had to implement.Thank you.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

So, why dont those people who dont like complaining just not read those threads?

it was the first time i truly complained (besides technical things not working) on here so i didnt think it was out of line at all. if anything i would think if it happens to everyone, it shouldnt get them into a depression, just more of an 'omg me too' type of attitude. i dunno, thats my view anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Claiken View Post
    So, why dont those people who dont like complaining just not read those threads?

it was the first time i truly complained (besides technical things not working) on here so i didnt think it was out of line at all. if anything i would think if it happens to everyone, it shouldnt get them into a depression, just more of an 'omg me too' type of attitude. i dunno, thats my view anyway.
    Perhaps to offer a different perspective, and not an attempt to discredit your concerns - in fact I hadn't read your closed thread so I'm not sure what your complaint was. Individual threads created over and over again with the same topic about not getting credit drag people down. At least they do for me. Sorry, but it's true. It's not a specific person and it's not a matter of who's complained before versus who hasn't (I couldn't possibly keep track, and I'd surely be on the list - all of us probably would be), but more of the reality that SR is trying to maintain a specific culture of camaraderie (in my opinion). When we start negative threads about things that SR can't specifically control, it spins negativity across the board...which could translate in lost members (and remember, SR is a business, so lost members = lost revenue) and possibly cranky merchants and advertisers that support the site's livelihood. If you have complaints about things SR can control, I believe we're encouraged to open a trouble ticket so they can research the problem...and they do respond to those trouble tickets in a timely manner, so it really is the best way to communicate with them. If you're unsure of something, do a forum search or read stickies...nearly all the details are there. If not, feel free to pose a non judgmental question and I know many of us would be happy to answer it.

Again, I'm not trying to pick on you...just trying to offer my perspective as a general member at large.
    Lori

Sunshine Rewards 8x Super Member

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by jl8595 View Post
    Perhaps to offer a different perspective, and not an attempt to discredit your concerns - in fact I hadn't read your closed thread so I'm not sure what your complaint was. Individual threads created over and over again with the same topic about not getting credit drag people down. At least they do for me. Sorry, but it's true. It's not a specific person and it's not a matter of who's complained before versus who hasn't (I couldn't possibly keep track, and I'd surely be on the list - all of us probably would be), but more of the reality that SR is trying to maintain a specific culture of camaraderie (in my opinion). When we start negative threads about things that SR can't specifically control, it spins negativity across the board...which could translate in lost members (and remember, SR is a business, so lost members = lost revenue) and possibly cranky merchants and advertisers that support the site's livelihood. If you have complaints about things SR can control, I believe we're encouraged to open a trouble ticket so they can research the problem...and they do respond to those trouble tickets in a timely manner, so it really is the best way to communicate with them. If you're unsure of something, do a forum search or read stickies...nearly all the details are there. If not, feel free to pose a non judgmental question and I know many of us would be happy to answer it.

Again, I'm not trying to pick on you...just trying to offer my perspective as a general member at large.
    To add to that, what Cindy was partially referring to is the negativity in techincal threads that some of us WANT to read to find info about survey's, offers etc, but then we have to weed through ALL the negative comments to find what we're actually looking for which should be the only thing in those threads to begin with. So as an active forum member I read the threads I want looking for information and to keep up with my SR friends, but when I have to weed through post after post about things SR has no control over it can be tiring. Also just adding another prespective to it.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Claiken View Post
    When I first lost supermember, because of fallout with a survey thing and because I just couldn't get myself to take them once they were open again, I created a thread. Turned out there were others in my position. BECAUSE of that thread, I was able to get the gumption to work on surveys every day, and make SM again. If I had not vented, I wouldn't have found out I wasn't alone, and I probably would have quit. For me, venting SAVES me from quitting. Venting to others has saved friendships, venting about schoolwork kept me in college and chiropractic. There were always people who totally misunderstood it (like the rest of my boat when I rowed Crew, so I just hung out with the guys, who DID understand it), but for those of us who get it, it helps us get through, just to know we're not alone. So it's my view too.

So I guess that's my feedback on the lack of venting threads, I don't like it! (since SR is open to feedback like that)
    Sunshine Rewards

Keep in mind our merchants and the advertisers that give us all the good coupons, free offers and surveys do read our forum and if they feel that there is a lot of negativity in SR, they are less likely to work with us, which in turn affects your bottom line too. I understand the theory that misery loves company, so PM someone if you feel the need to vent, but thread after thread and everyone constantly going at it will be deleted by the mods.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

i agree that venting does help you to feel your not alone. i suppose i get more frusterated than a big majority because im Canadian, and so 9/10 of things already are out by default. so basically, when something in that 1/10 you thought should work turned out not to, its extra frusterating, cuz i cant just try the next one. you know? i really have nowhere else to vent frusterations, because no other forums i go on know about SR (well, except one, but only one member would get it.)

(no, im not venting, im simply talking about venting)

When you joined SR you knew you joined an American based company. ~ That's all Im going to say!
    "Be kinder than necessary, because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Michelle