Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: (Ended) Countdown Contest: 6 Days Until Christmas

Magical moments - there are so many!

Black Friday shopping with DD. We don't necessarily want any of the big draw items - we just go for fun and to be together. (And to get the Disney snow globe at that department store.)

My Dad's decorating. He spends days putting lights outside his house and the end result is amazing. No blow ups or yard ornaments - just lots of lights on all the bushes. He also covers the inside tree with so many white lights it is hard to find room for the ornaments.

Giving to others. My work place has a holiday luncheon. For the past few years we have been picking a charity and provide what ever they request. We work this charity into the theme of the luncheon and every department participates. This year we loaded over a hundred boxes (the type copy paper comes in) with personal care products, school supplies and clothing basics for a local shelter. "Giving is the Best Gift." Instead of sharing gifts within our department, we give to a family that is in need. This program is through the Salvation Army. When things get tough - it is good to remember I am not asking for paper towels and laundry soap for Christmas!

Christmas day - DD is old, so we get up whenever. I always watch the Disney Parade in the morning. We all get together and open gifts, usually eating some sweet junking breakfast pastry we've made from scratch as brunch. We spend the day together and have a wonderful dinner with four generations.
    Fanofree

Sunshine Rewards

I love Christmas specials, so we pick a day to watch a few of our favorite ones. We've actually watched a few tonight since we getting a ton of snow!

On Christmas Eve we sit on the sofa and read four books. My parents gave the boys the books when they were 4 and 6. Now that they are 17 and 19 we still have to read our books. We always end with the story about the birth of Chirst.
    Sammielynn
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

My extended family including many from out of town, gather at our house Christmas night. We eat, exchange presents and have a wonderful time.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

The kids get up real early and don't want to wake us at 5am LOL, so they sit on top of the steps with flash lights to see the gifts downstairs under the tree. (we have a rule that the kids don't go down stairs till we are up). I love looking out of our room seeing them whispering with their flash lights.

Sunshine Rewards

My favorite is watching my boys put the cookies & milk out for santa.
    Then sprinkle oats outside for the reindeer before being tucked in bed.

Photobucket

Smile

I actually enjoy the late night of Christmas Eve getting everything set up and hopefully this year I can get some sleep, with three kids sometimes we cant even see the poor Christmas tree. LOL

Chrissy
    Sunshine Rewards

I am going to go with this afternoons/evening activities......the girls went sledding and came in the door with those rosey cheeks.......and then sat down to some lasagna I had just taken out of the oven........and they ate every last bite (seconds for sydney).....then we made some hot chocolate and they had oatmeal choc. chips cookies for dessert

We then watched a few christmas shows and now they are tucked into bed......

I just love moments like these!!
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

I love being at my Grandma's house for Christmas. There are now 22 of us there and the house gets loud and crowded, but it's fun. They live in a small town so we have nothing to do, but be together. We talk, catch up, play games, and just are together. I love that about Christmas. Since my grandparents are 86, we don't know how many more we will get to have together. I do love my family.
    Amy

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Sunshine Rewards

I love going to my mom's on Christmas eve for dinner, nothing special, just sandwiches and maybe some baked ziti and a couple of cocktails. I am somewhat of a procrastinator and as much as I'd love to finish shopping, wrapping, baking, etc, early, I never seem to get it all done until the last minute. It has to be done before we go out visiting on Christmas Eve because we don't get home until after midnight.

When we arrive at my mom's, it always feels like such a relief that the holiday stress is done and I can finally relax and enjoy myself. The hustle and bustle of the season is over for me and the true fun can begin.
    Debbie