Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: (Ended) Countdown Contest: 6 Days Until Christmas

I love driving around looking at all of the Christmas lights/decor on Christmas Eve!
    Sunshine Rewards

We go downtown Cincinnati and look at the lights, then get some hot chocolate at one of the malls. We sip it and watch all of the Christmas shoppers, listen to the Christmas music, etc. The kids LOVE this part of our tradition!
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

I already had it, as we put the Yule-based topper on our Yule tree. For the FIRST time, DS was able to participate. Last year we had a tiny apt so we didn't have a Yule tree, and the year before that he was only 2 and I wasn't willing to have him knock the tree over, and before that he was 1 and we had the tree in a locked room LOL, and the year before that he was only 6 months old! So this was the first year he could do it and he did it perfectly, and it was very very cool.
    Sunshine Rewards

On Christmas morning, at my parents house - we always get a picture of the kids at the top of the stairs, before they come down to see what Santa left them under the tree - We have the same picture of me and my siblings from every year when we were younger!!
    Christina
    Sunshine Rewards

I get my kids new pajamas for Christmas every year and its the one present the open on Christmas Eve. They know they are getting them and they are excited to get them and seeing their faces when they open them is just priceless to me.

Christmas Magic has already hit the Arnold home And has DD10 believing again!
    ~ This past tuesday the girls were home from school due to icy road conditions. And in my browsing the web I found a Letter from Santa the I could just insert thier name, a present they wanted and a friends name.
    So while they were busy playing I managed to get 3 made (DS was taking a nap) and "hide" the letters in thier room.
    About a hour later DD7 went to her room and caught a glipse of a paper she hadnt seen before and came running in her to me gasping and excited saying "MOMMA, Look Santa came and left me a letter!" Her eyes were filled with wonder and excitement that sent DD10 to her room. When she came to me she was shaking. And also was excited. Later when DS3 awoke neither his sister told him of his letter (that they went hunting for).He did find his letter and wanted to wait for daddy to read it to him when he got home from work. And he took it to bed with him.
    Thier excitement can be felt everyday now. ~ I even found a "note" the DD10left in her room for Santa. Thanking him for leaving her a note.
    "Be kinder than necessary, because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Michelle

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

Watching the excitement in my granddaughter's eyes when they awaken Christmas morning and before they go downstairs is magical to me.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

I have 2...

First is at Christmas Eve Service at church, when we sing Silent Night to candlelight...that always gets me.

Second is back at home on Christmas Eve, after the last of the gifts are wrapped, and DH and I finally take the time to sit down with just the Christmas tree lights on, and enjoy a quiet moment together.
    Sunshine Rewards

Well, once the hustle and bustle of all the preparations is over, I love going to church on Christmas Eve and singing Christmas carols. Reflecting on the words of the songs puts the whole celebration into perspective for me.

My children are 6 and 9. Each year my husband makes "snow tracks" that start in the driveway and come across our deck, (we do not have a chimney so he has a key to our house) and into our home....snow that santa has on his boots from the north pole. The reactions from the kids each year is priceless.
    Deana
    Sunshine Rewards