Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trouble Tickets

Default Trouble Tickets

We're working our way through the trouble tickets again and it's making me grumpy. More than 10% of the tickets are filed for things that people actually have credit for. Either they waited EXACTLY 7 days before filing or didn't go back through their account history to double check to make sure that they did not have a credit pending or an actual credit before they filed.

Grumpy Tricia means I have less time to work on the fun stuff that makes all of you more money. I know that TECHNICALLY you can file your trouble tickets after 7 days. But if you bought something on a Tuesday and it didn't ship for a few days, please hold off on filing the trouble ticket until 8 or 9 or even 10 days have passed. The exception, of course, is if we are talking about something on the boards and I tell you to go ahead and file a ticket because I know something should have come through already.

I just want to reiterate to everyone so that you are not disappointed that we only end up getting credit for about 10% of the disputes that we file. 20% tops. It isn't fair. You don't get credit for 1% of your stuff and it seems like a lot of money to you. Imagine how much it is to SR to lose 1% of our earnings. We do try to get as much as we can from the merchants. They just frankly don't believe us most of the time because of all the fraud. And some of them just can't be bothered to respond to disputes.

We've got about 40 tickets right now in either Open or Under SR review status. My hope is to get them all moved to either closed or submitted to mechant in the next 48 hours. Then I can move to the fun stuff again.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

sorry you are dealing with this. I really didn't want to open my tt but i never saw credit come through for it. too bad we can't submit it to the merchant for you.
    Sunshine Rewards

On that note also, anything that is free we cannot even file a dispute on, so don't even bother to file a TT or I'll just shoot you back an answer that says its not possible to file a dispute on. Example, vista print, where you get free Tshirts or cards or such, i think they get so overwhelmed with those offers that they don't or won't even answer us on a dispute, they figure they already gave you something free. It leaves us more time to actually go over the TT that we have a small chance of getting something back on. Also, like it says in the frequently asked questions section:

Each merchant is different, but earnings should post as credits or credit holds in your account within 14 days. If you do not see a credit or a credit hold in your account history within 14 days, please file a Trouble Ticket and we will investigate with the merchant. Credits are on hold 21 days for sales. For some offers, credits are put on hold until the 15th of the month following the month in which the offer is completed. This is to deter fraud and provide for cancellations of credits by the merchants.

Thanks for your help on all this...it makes it so much easier for us and frees up our time for other fun things.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    sorry you are dealing with this. I really didn't want to open my tt but i never saw credit come through for it. too bad we can't submit it to the merchant for you.
    Sometimes it is good for us to see the merchant ones so that we can see if a particular merchant is not working for us. We get a good feel for that on offers because those credits come through so fast. But with merchants, we can go months without a sale for a given merchant. So it's good to let me know if you see something that hasn't shown up. Even if it is for a little amount.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

Are you finding that the majority of the issues with TTs are the sales or the offers?
    Sunshine Rewards

I think it's about even. But we have the best chance of getting credits back on the shopping. We almost NEVER get credits on the offers. Probably 2 out of 30 advertisers will look at them. But about 50-60% of the merchants will look at them.

The reason that we lose on most of the sales is that people click on other links on accident. Like they do a search for a coupon code after they click on our link and start placing their order. They don't even realize that they are clicking on a link when they go look for the coupons on google.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

Can we just eliminate the option to dispute the offers and if it happens to be an offer that can be disputed you can mark the offer that when you put it up? It seems silly to have everyone submitting TT's if the advertisers wont even consider doing it. Maybe they can either be marked "no disputes" or "disputes" on the offers. That will cut down on the number of tickets you get there. I think that maybe the cutoff date for submitting a TT for sales should be extended also. I agree that really there are many merchants who dont credit until after shipping and when you factor in shipping and crediting time 1 week probably isnt enough time. Perhaps extending it to a 10 day wait on submitting TT's will cut down on this problem. Or maybe for the merchants that accept once a month, setting up a schedule that all TT's for Shoebuy for the month of August must be submitted on 8/18 for 8/20 sunmittal to shoebuy or they have to be held until 9/18 for 9/20 submittal? I dont know just throwing some things out there to maybe ease up the load and also ease up the minds.
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Janet those are some good suggestions. I have noticed tricia has begun to include on a few offers no disputes. Maybe a 10 day waiting period for shopping links would be good as well. That would give about 7 business days for things to come through.
    Sunshine Rewards

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

Hi Tricia,

I have 3 tt open that I'm sure can be closed.

One you got me credit for, Dell I'm sure I messed up b/c I clicked on their email and didn't clear cookies and one of their codes was applied (before I "learned" how to shop). The other is Gevalia which I've pretty much given up the ghost on.

I had emailed you a few weeks ago about taking them off the to-do list but I'm not sure if you rec'd it. I used the email link on the SM page.

Anyway, just an fyi so you can have 3 things off your list!

Laura
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Very helpful, everyone! The trouble tickets are the one thing that we definitely still haven't seemed to be able to get a handle on. We've been able to automate so many other things or make things at least streamlined. The TTs are DEFINITELY better now that they include boxes for you to copy and paste in all of the info that we need. There's less going back and forth before I can get the disputes filed.

Let's keep brainstorming. I'm just waiting for that lightbulb moment that will help make the system better for EVERYONE.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs