Thread: Barnes and Noble shop on line with in store pickup..or should I say mixup!

Talking Barnes and Noble shop on line with in store pickup..or should I say mixup!

Just thought I'd share a rather funny Barnes and Noble on line shopping with in store pick up story with you all.

I ordered a scrapbook for my daughter's good friend on line with in-store pickup. Got my confirmation and went to the mall a few hours later. Upon my arrival I headed to the service desk and stated that I had placed an order on line for in-store pickup...Gave them my last name and they produced my order, well not exactly, but it had my name on it.

I ordered the Jim Morrison Scrapbook for $40.00 and they had a booked wrapped with my name on, but NOT actually what I had ordered. They had wrapped: Audacity of Hope : Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream by Barack Obama

My confirmation that I had and the one that was attached to the Obama book both said Jim Morrison on it. Nice mix up huh?! Surely, NOT the same! I can just image the person that ordered the Obama book getting the Morrison book!

Question....do you think I will still get by SR credit with this mix up..I did purchase the correct item and in-fact they rang up the order with the confirmation slip they had in the store. Just curious
    I'M DEB And I'm Making My Way Back To Disney..With Sunshine Rewards...One Click At A Time!

Deb Tokarski -Mouse World Travel, An Authorized Disney Vacation Planner

Booking Disney Destinations (Disney World, DisneyLand, Disney Cruises & Adventures by Disney)
    as well as Sandals & Beaches Resorts and other destinations & other cruise lines worldwide!!

For more information and a free no-obligation quote email me at: deb@mouseworldtravel.com
    You can also Friend me on Facebook--> Deb Tee
    Your Dreams are a Wish Away with ME and I am ready to help you find your Dream Vacation!!

I don't know the answer to your question, Deb. But, I just wanted to say I didn't know in-store pick up was an option for B&N. I am on the way to get the Unofficial Guide to WDW 2009 edition (Santa didn't get the hint ) so I ordered it online. It will be nice to get SR credit but it's great that I can check availability before I leave home.

Thanks again for the insight!
    Sunshine Rewards

I've done in-store pick up and Barnes and Nobles, and didn't get SR credit-it's also not listed in the "in store pick up" section of SR merchants. The theory I am pulling out of my hat is that with say, Best Buy in store pick up, you pay BEFORE you get the item, where as with B&N you pay when you get there.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

I've done in-store pick up at Border's. I pre-paid and got my SR credit.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    I've done in-store pick up and Barnes and Nobles, and didn't get SR credit-it's also not listed in the "in store pick up" section of SR merchants. The theory I am pulling out of my hat is that with say, Best Buy in store pick up, you pay BEFORE you get the item, where as with B&N you pay when you get there.
    Thanks Heather...that's what I thought. I was going to do it through Borders as it's easier for me to get in and out of, compared to the mall and they are listed for In-store pickup thru SR...but the book was out of stock at my local Borders, so I went onto Barnes and Noble. Shame on me for not checking SR first . Oh well, next time it's Borders for any instore pickup.
    I'M DEB And I'm Making My Way Back To Disney..With Sunshine Rewards...One Click At A Time!

Deb Tokarski -Mouse World Travel, An Authorized Disney Vacation Planner

Booking Disney Destinations (Disney World, DisneyLand, Disney Cruises & Adventures by Disney)
    as well as Sandals & Beaches Resorts and other destinations & other cruise lines worldwide!!

For more information and a free no-obligation quote email me at: deb@mouseworldtravel.com
    You can also Friend me on Facebook--> Deb Tee
    Your Dreams are a Wish Away with ME and I am ready to help you find your Dream Vacation!!

I didn't know they in store pick up either. What kind of scrapbook was it. And I'm surprise that they even had the book as it's been sold out for awhile now. Did you keep it or exchange it for the right item?
    Sunshine Rewards