Thread: Mineral Make-up and Flying?

Default Mineral Make-up and Flying?

I'll be flying in a few days and was wondering if there would be any problem with mineral make-up in your carry on luggage? Any experience?
    Sammielynn
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

I always carry mine (and fly with it) in my purse. No problems!

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

I've carried it in the past with not too much problem, as long as it's not liquid, it's fine. One time though, I had to have my bag checked and the TSA guy had to open all the little eye shadow pots (Bare Minerals) to see what they where. I think any makeup bag is a red flag to them because it usually contains some kind of liquid and they will want to check it out....I just put everything in my checked baggage now, so as to not have to deal with them but they always seem to find something in my carryon they want to check?? Last trip, I had two cans of Pringles in there....well you would have thought I was trying to carry on pipe bombs and I'm sure that's what they thought too? He found them and held them up over his head and in a very loud voice, announced to everyone in the vicinity..."Look, it's Pringles"!! So embarrassing. Now, I'm leary of taking those now?
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Thanks! I will remember not to take Pringles.
    Sammielynn
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by sammielynn View Post
    Thanks! I will remember not to take Pringles.
    yeah, not worth the trouble!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

I just put it all in the required pint size bag and never had a problem. I carried a thermos on once and they opened that up to look inside, but no problem (only leaving tpa did that, come back from pgh they never looked in it). I think they have loosed up the reins a little at the airports.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

I also have it in my carry-on, the powder in the little pots with the screw-on tops. It goes through the xray belt without a problem. I have never had additional screening because of it.