Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: More Bankruptcy

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    Another big company filed for Chapter 11 protection, so we have pulled their links. Their stores include etoys, kbtoys, Baby Universe, and MyTwinn.

Nice to pull this right after Christmas so that they don't have to pay us for all of the sales that we sent them the last two months.

http://investor.theparentcompany.com...leaseID=356190
    I'm not sure I totally understand - I think I bought something in the last 2 months thru KBToys, and saw the credit in my account. So if I saw credit in my account, I thot this would mean you had been paid. So I guess I don't know what you mean by they don't have to pay for the last 2 months of sales. Pardon my ignorance, I just don't know the ins and outs of all this!
    Anyway, it is too bad.

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Yeah our KB toys around here have had their signs up for at least 2 wks before Christmas that they were going out of business. Like Amy said I very rarely went in there maybe BF morning bc any other time they were way overpriced to begin with.
    Sunshine Rewards

Add Waterford to the list of companies filing for bankruptcy.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/world/...aterford_N.htm
    Sunshine Rewards

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

I guess the list filing for bankruptcy is going to keep growing and growing. It is such a shame to see all these companies that you have know the name of for years having such financial trouble. Pretty soon there is going to be only a handful of places to shop, eat, or bank.
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by chipndale View Post
    I guess the list filing for bankruptcy is going to keep growing and growing. It is such a shame to see all these companies that you have know the name of for years having such financial trouble. Pretty soon there is going to be only a handful of places to shop, eat, or bank.
    Well hopefully we see more Chapter 11's than Chapter 7 bankruptcy's. I also hope the credit markets and equity markets open up a little so that companies can obtain capital to merge or acquire troubled companies so that we don't lose our favorite brands. My office is normally very busy when it comes to debt and equity offerings but we only had one in the last quarter. There just isn't any financing available even for strong companies.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    Well hopefully we see more Chapter 11's than Chapter 7 bankruptcy's. I also hope the credit markets and equity markets open up a little so that companies can obtain capital to merge or acquire troubled companies so that we don't lose our favorite brands. My office is normally very busy when it comes to debt and equity offerings but we only had one in the last quarter. There just isn't any financing available even for strong companies.
    And in that spirit, what is very interesting to me is that JUST before kbtoys announced the store closings and their website closing, they opened a webstore on amazon.com. There has been nothing stated about them closing that webstore there, so I can't help but wonder if that is their way of reorganizing...it's quite smart for stores to open on amazon, so that they can deal with the customer service, fulfillment, and all those other really expensive things.

Of course, it doesn't get us as individuals credit, but it's a good move for stores! (not that borders, BRU, or TRU ended up thinking so, but that's just b/c they didn't read their contracts to begin with, LOL)
    Sunshine Rewards

Our local tv station went into KB toys while they were having their big liquidation sale and found tags put over the originals for a lot more then the original price, so you weren't really getting 50% at all.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    Our local tv station went into KB toys while they were having their big liquidation sale and found tags put over the originals for a lot more then the original price, so you weren't really getting 50% at all.
    I've heard about that happening before with retail and sales in general (bankruptcy or not). I try to take mental notes on things I want to buy and check before buying during a sale. Doesn't always work but sometimes I catch something that isn't really a "deal"
    Sunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

I found this happening at the KB Toy outlet in Gulfport. I bought te kids costumes and after paying I went back because I was expecting them to be cheaper and when I checked the one I had looked at had the higher priced tag removed so that when I grabbed the right size on the Jasmine it had a much higher price and that is what I got the discount on. I returned it of course. Just crazy.
    Sunshine Rewards

Three East Tennessee companies announced today that they will be closing. Goody's Family Clothing, Alcoa and Sea Ray, very sad.
    Sammielynn
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards