Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wii Game Review Thread?

We like Animal Crossing City Folk. It is a lot of fun. My son and I both like to play.
    Sunshine Rewards
    "
    Jo

My DS 17 wanted Wii Music for Christmas. He doesn't like it at all. He's only played it once and just can't get into it. It's too boring for him I guess.
    Last edited by Weluvdisny; 01-02-2009 at 01:03 AM.
    Melissa

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

My girls love Guitar Hero (Rock Legends, I think). They have played until I am sick of songs I normally love. They have also played Animal Crossing, City Folk some and seem to enjoy it as much as the old Animal Crossing. They also got, but haven't played, yet...Thrillville (glad to hear it is well liked), a Dance Revolution, Mario Galaxy and one other. As they play them, I will let ya'll know. Carnival Games was their first game and they seem to really enjoy it. I really haven't played, anything except a few minutes of Carnival games.

We just received our's and don't have many games.
    Of course we have the basic Wii Sports that came with it. We love it and bowling is my favorite! We do the daily age test to see how we are doing.
    Game Partyis ok. You play various games such as darts, shuffleboard. My favorite is Trivia because I can do this after I'm tired from the sports and rest. The other games are too hard to figure out how to control the controller. Trivia is good, but the rest are pretty hard to learn to play. Skee Ball is fun though. We tried some kind of cup game and we were so frustrated trying to figure out how to even control the ball.
    Wii Play is not that fun. It is a good disc for learning out to control your movements. It goes in order teaching you how to use your controller in different positions and ways. So in a way it is a good teaching tool, but not that fun. It was a gift that came with an extra controller, so the second controller was a good bonus.
    Wii Fit is fun. I've used it every day to test myself and set goals. I like the yoga and I didn't think I would. I think a whole section on breathing is a little funny, but I'm good at it! My trainer says I have good posture. LOL It has been good for strength training. I also like the aerobic section where I do daily runs. That has been good for me and DD4 likes to run along side me. It is her favorite part besides bowling on the main disc. I'm going to try to do the Wii fit daily.

I would love to see what everyone else likes. I saw the toy store had all the 19.99 discs at 2/$30 which isn't bad. I saw a Disney Princess one I almost got for DD4 but I just didn't see anything else I wanted. Let's hear some reviews!

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Ok another review coming up!

I think yall have heard me talk about Sega Bass Fishing in another thread but here is the official review. I still love this game. Of course I bought it for my dad so I can't keep it but I will be playing anytime I go home. There are a few different modes: arcade, tournament, and practice mode. When you pick arcade you are given a choice of stages and scenery. Then you have 4 levels to go through in an allotted time period and a certain amount of pounds of fish to catch. I thought it would be hard to catch the fish but it really isn't too bad and you have to stand up like you are really fishing because when you catch those big ones, they fight and you have to be ready if you want to reel them in. I saw this one on sale on the TRU website for $20 but it was sold out so I'll have to keep my eyes open so I can get my own copy. My mom, brother and I really got into it. My dad is refusing to play the Wii for some reason (probably because Wii sports made him "old") and Mike thought it was ok but he likes games that are more involved than this.

So I would rate this one 5 stars. Mike would probably give it at 3.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Weluvdisny View Post
    My DS 17 wanted Wii Music for Christmas. He doesn't like it at all. He's only played it once and just can't get into it. It's too boring for him I guess.
    DS had a friend over to play and they are both 12. They loved it. I had read lots of mixed reviews on this one so Santa didn't bring it. But, turns out he likes it and wants to buy it for himself. Sounds like it's a good one for a younger player?

We are having a great time with Guitar Hero and Rock Band. The only bad thing is that both games came with a guitar - We thought we could use both guitars at the same time but you can't. 1 guitar works with the Rock Band and the other only works with the Guitar Hero.

DS also loves his Lego Star Wars and Lego Indiana Jones games.

I can't wait to set up a Wii Fit account (if DS lets me. )
    Sunshine Rewards

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Quote Originally Posted by fourfoxesinpa View Post
    We are having a great time with Guitar Hero and Rock Band. The only bad thing is that both games came with a guitar - We thought we could use both guitars at the same time but you can't. 1 guitar works with the Rock Band and the other only works with the Guitar Hero.

I can't wait to set up a Wii Fit account (if DS lets me. )
    First, what is a Wii Fit account?

I got the girls Guitar Hero plus a spare guitar (from Amazon - $10 special, day after TKG). I had no idea what I was doing but because they were selling the game and spare guitar as a special, I lucked up. Otherwise, I would never have guessed you have to have different guitars. Good to know, if we buy more games, we will try to buy Guitar Hero compatible.

Gay, by an account, I just meant to log on with my Mii and track my status, (really play while he's in school. ) Since you can see everyone who's been playing on WiiFit, I thought I should ask him before he "busted" me.

As far as DS knows, there are just the two games that use the guitars - Guitar Hero and Rock Band. So, you did the good thing by getting two guitars for the same game, then two can play at once against each other. And if you ever get Rock Band, you'll need a different guitar - you couldn't just get the game by itself.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by sweetiee View Post
    We just received our's and don't have many games.
    Wii Play is not that fun. It is a good disc for learning out to control your movements. It goes in order teaching you how to use your controller in different positions and ways. So in a way it is a good teaching tool, but not that fun. It was a gift that came with an extra controller, so the second controller was a good bonus.
    Wow, I think this is one you have to unlock a bunch of different mini games on to really be able to enjoy it. My aunt and uncle bought it with their Wii and I was looking to play pool on it, as that's a big hit in my family. They hadn't used the game yet, so I had to go and unlock a bunch of the games before I was able to get to pool. My dad and brothers (late teens/early 20s) love playing pool on there. I Know Wii Play is one I will probably end up getting fairly soon after getting my Wii.

How do you test your age on Wii Sports? I don't think I've ever noticed that part before.
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

Here is my review of our new wii and games.

Wii Fit: DH & I have done it most every day. He spends almost an hour doing it. I do some of the yoga at the same time so it isn't counting my time. Then I get on later for the fun stuff. I love the skiing and ski jumping. DH hates those because he hits the gates and can't get the timing down on the jump. He becomes a snowball alot!

Wii Sports: I like the golf because again I beat DH everytime and he's in a golf league! I can't play worth cr%p on a real course though. As a family we like bowling. My 10yo son bowled a 252 one game!

Lego Star Wars Complete Saga: The boys (10 & 7) love this came. Mainly because you don't really die, you explode into a bunch of legos and then come back to life again. My youngest likes to be Wookie and grab bad guys and rip their little lego arms off. Wow that sounds rather morbid doesn't it. You have to figure out how to build lego bridges/walls...etc to get to other areas. But, mainly they like swinging light sabers and shooting up the bad guys. They definitely think this is a 5 out of 5.

Mario Galaxy: They just opened this one this morning as I was heading to work. Hubby says they played for quite a while until he made them get off so he could do the Fit. I'm guessing this will be a big hit also. They like most all of the Marios.

Zelda Twilight Princess: DS 10 really likes this game. I got this because he likes the role playing games. It is pretty hard to figure out what needs to be done to move through the game. It is only one player but if you like this kind of game it has really good reviews. It is rated for teens, not for violence but because it is pretty complicated. A perfect game for a gifted child that likes puzzling things out.

Photobucket