Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wii Game Review Thread?

Quote Originally Posted by mmm611 View Post
    Wow, I think this is one you have to unlock a bunch of different mini games on to really be able to enjoy it. My aunt and uncle bought it with their Wii and I was looking to play pool on it, as that's a big hit in my family. They hadn't used the game yet, so I had to go and unlock a bunch of the games before I was able to get to pool. My dad and brothers (late teens/early 20s) love playing pool on there. I Know Wii Play is one I will probably end up getting fairly soon after getting my Wii.

How do you test your age on Wii Sports? I don't think I've ever noticed that part before.
    Yes, you have to play game 1 and finish before it opens game 2. I didn't like that. DH and I played one night and did all the ones on there. It was hard figuring out how to use the controller.

On Wii Sports there is a green triangle on the right hand side. It is called Wii Fitness. You go onto there every day. It gives you 3 random games to do. Then after it is over, it gives you a profile of what age you are performing at. The first time it made me do tennis, baseball and bowling. Bowling I'm good at. Tennis I'm awful. Don't be alarmed if you are told you are 80 the first time. My MIL did, I did and even my DD4 was told she was 80. Of course she doesn't know how to do controls well. Being told hse was like an 80 year old is what made my MIL do the Wii more. We have only had the game since Tuesday and I was told I was like a 28 year old today (I'm 38). So that made me feel real good. Of course I didn't get tennis either. Thank goodness. You are given three random tests each day. It keeps track for you.

Just got home from NH, so I haven't been on Wii for a few days but here are my limited reviews...

We are enjoying many of the games on Wii Sports. This is a great game to inculde with the basic unit, because it gives you lots of active fun to start.
    We especially enjoy power bowling.

My DS gave us Wii Ski to go with our Wii Fit balance board. DH and DD have played it, I have not. DH really like it and gives it a 4 out of 5 stars. He says he would like to be able to have more mountains to choose from. Also, he says that it is much easier to play when you have the balance board to control what direction you go in, rather than having to do that with the nunchuch and remote. DD had a hard time with it, but she has only done it once. She was funny to watch.

Wii Carnival is just plain fun. Great for 1 or for op to 4 players. We have been having lots of fun with it. Especially like the Skeeball game. BTW, DH tells me I was playing the strongman game in my sleep the other night! 4 of 5 stars

Summer Sports This is a fun game that is similar in some ways to WiiSports. We like the horseshoes and lawn darts the best, which are played similarly to bowling. You can heckle your opponent which is kind of fun. You pick your player from a set group, and all the girls shorts are really tight, even though they are "cartoons." I give it 3 out of 5 stars.

World of Goo is an awesome, non-movement oriented, download game. It costs 1500 pts, which is $15, so a bargain. I LOVE this game...but it is very addictive. It is really simple, but complex at the same time, if that makes sense. It is really a puzzle game, where you have to configure the "gooballs" into tower structures to get them sucked up into a pipe where they are collected. Sounds weird, and it kind-of is, but it is really cute. The goo balls make really cute noises, and they are cute in a weird way. This game really makes you wonder who in their right mind would come up with this stuff! It is like something from a weird, random dream! Anyway, I love this game, but I am more than half way through it already, and we downloaded it Christmas day. I wish there were more levels. Some of the levels have frustrated the **** out of me. 4.5 out of 5 stars for me.

That's all I've got so far. looking ofrward to more reviews.
    Sunshine Rewards

Forgot to post my review of WiiFit.

Aside from WiiSki, we are just using the basic software the Wiifit came with.

I think the Wii fit software is a great way to get started with an exercise regimine in a fun, easy, non-threatening way. I like that it charts your progress as you go, and I like that it charts your time spent as you are on it. The moves and activities are pretty basic, so for those who are used to a heavy workout this would probably not cut it for you. I like doing some of the yoga moves first to warm up and stretch, then move on to some light (as that is really all there is that I have unlocked so far) aerobics ( I especially enjoy the advanced step and the rhythmic boxing (both of which have to be "unlocked" through passing various levels and activities), and then move on to some strength training, then balance games for fun. I had sore abs after doing the strength training for the first day.

The downside, I find that it takes about 45 minutes to 1 hour to rack up 30 minutes of activity, because the computer has to cycle through each time with your scores and the silly, repetitive remarks by the "trainer." I wish you could turn the scoring feature off, and just have it go from esercise to exercise without as much wasted time.

I will give the Wiifit software 3.5 out of 5 stars. I haven't exercised regularly in a while, so it is a great, fun was to begin again, but before too long, I'll probably have to get a more challenging program to use.
    Sunshine Rewards

We are loving our wii fit. DD6 likes the Hula Hoops a lot. I really like the ski jump. It is hard to figure out at first but it really works the legs.
    We love Mario Kart too.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by speechteachri View Post
    The downside, I find that it takes about 45 minutes to 1 hour to rack up 30 minutes of activity, because the computer has to cycle through each time with your scores and the silly, repetitive remarks by the "trainer." I wish you could turn the scoring feature off, and just have it go from esercise to exercise without as much wasted time.
    I agree with you on this.

Also, DH & I have been doing the yoga and strength together to save time, one of us uses the board the other on the floor. I wish you could hook up more than one balance board. So one of us gets credit and the other doesn't. We try to switch off each day.

Photobucket

Well...I finally got to do skiing. It was fun. My DH, DD, and DSIL love it. I only tried it once as someone had to hold my grandson. When I am there I usually am a watcher.

My favorite is still Mario Party 8 over all of all that I have seen or tried. I love all the mini games and board games.

I have started Zelda. I have to get back to it. I really do like it. We also go Galaxy. I haven't tried it yet but have seen at DD house. Looks great!

I have not tried the fit except for the skiing. So I later I will give an update.
    Marilyn

Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

nicholfamily5 is offline I can't tell you how often I wake up in the night and that's the first thing I think of

If you want a funny silly game, you gotta try the Raving Rabbids ones.
    There is little else that cracks me up like hitting a cartoon bunny in the face with a toilet plunger. Truly, it is a fun, fun, game.

We got World of Goo as well, great game! It frustrates the hell out of the kids, but Scott and I enjoy it a lot, and fight over who gets to play.
    Sunshine Rewards
    "A size 2 is not fat! Nor will it ever be. And being a size 0 doesn't make you beautiful. To all girls with butts, boobs, hips and a waist, put on a bikini put it on and stay strong." -Jennifer Love Hewitt

Quote Originally Posted by mseg16222 View Post
    Outdoor Adventure with the game pad. Well kids had it out and wanted to play with me. Well I must tell you, I should have put on shoes and a better bra. Lots of running jumping rope, logs rolling that you have to jump over. I have not got a chance to play it again to try everything out because the kids will not share but school will be back in next week, so I can try the wii fit out that is still in the box. They are obsessed with Carnival Games.
    I have a question about the Outdoor Challenge. Do you need to have a Wii Fit for that first, or do you just need the game pad that it comes with? I have a while before I get to decide which games to get first, but I think this one sounds like it has real possibilities and I'm having fund dreaming about it right now.
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by mmm611 View Post
    I have a question about the Outdoor Challenge. Do you need to have a Wii Fit for that first, or do you just need the game pad that it comes with? I have a while before I get to decide which games to get first, but I think this one sounds like it has real possibilities and I'm having fund dreaming about it right now.
    You do not need to have Wii fit at all just the game pad that comes with it. I played a little bit and it seems like it would give you a pretty good workout. I had a little bit of a hard time keeping my feet on the spots but that I think is just practice.
    Sunshine Rewards

That is correct the game pad is all that is needed and it comes with it and it takes some practice, it is worse playing with the kids because they want to see if they can beat you. Makes you kill yourself ten times more so that you win LOL

Sunshine Rewards