Thread: E-Bay Noobie (Or Dumbie?)

Default E-Bay Noobie (Or Dumbie?)

We were lucky and went to WDW with Annual passes three times in 2008. DD is a pin collector and bought the Passholder pins. We are missing the last pin in a four pin set. I looked and I think I found it as a buy it now.

So, I've never shopped on E-Bay. How do you do it? I know, stupid question - but can someone give me an E-Bay 101 crash course? I have a PayPal account, but it is not linked to my bank account. I've always used a cc in response to a request for payment. Do you need to have it linked in order to shop on E-Bay? Anything else I should know?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Fanofree

Sunshine Rewards

If you're not sure, I'd ask the seller a question first about the pin. If you are sure it's the right one, you just log into ebay or create an account (go through the SR offer link if you don't have an account yet) and find the item. Once you have that, click the buy it now. You should be ok having your credit card linked to paypal, but some sellers are picky about not taking CC's. Somebody else can probably explain it better, but good luck!
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

Even if you have an ebay account go through the SR link to 'shop'. If you don't have an ebay account.......you used to be able to sign up for one through SR and get $$ back but I don't see that option anymore.

Check the item description to be sure it's the pin you want......ask the seller any questions before you Buy It Now. Once you buy it.....it's yours.....no turning back.

Look up the pin on pinpics.com and make sure it is the pin you are looking for.
    Pinpics is a pin repository.......pins are added by members but there are closeup pictures and descriptions. They have a wonderful search function too.

Check the sellers feedback to see what other buyers have to say about them. Did they ship ontime? Was the item as described. Mosat sellers are wonderful but there are some not so nice there.

Ebay only allows payment through Paypal. No money orders or checks. You should be fine paying with your CC through Paypal.

HTH
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

You don't need to have your bank account linked to your Paypal account to shop on Ebay. I think you are better off using your cc when you use Paypal because it gives you extra protection in case the item doesn't arrive or isn't what was described.

Like the pp said above, if you don't already have an ebay account, go thru the offer link here on SR. If you already have an account on Ebay, make sure you always go thru the SR link to get to Ebay so you get the credit if you do win the item.

I love buy it now items, it's always nice to just get what you want, instead of having to worry about being outbid. Also, a lot of buy it now items have a best offer option, this is where you can make an offer on an item and get it for a lower price if the seller accepts your offer.

Make sure you take a look at a seller's feedback before bidding, and actual look at the comments people have written. Also, read the whole item description before bidding. If you have questions, ask before you bid.

A word of warning about Disney pins on ebay, there are a lot of fakes out there and it can be hard to tell the difference. Ebay has guides about all kinds of counterfeit items including pins. I don't want to scare you off, I have bought some great pins on Ebay, but I have also gotten a couple of fakes from sellers who listed their pins as authentic. In both cases the sellers didn't realize that the pins were fakes because it really is hard to tell until you see a fake side by side with the original. Feel free to send me a pm, if you have specific questions.
    Claudia

Thanks for your help. The seller has 100% positive feedback and has an E-Bay store - pin city I think. All Disney Pins. Looks real - but I know you can't tell unless you have the real and the fake side by side - but, I think we'll go for it.

So - I go through the SR link.. create an account.... buy the pin. Then what? Will I get a request for payment? I just don't know how it works. (Please read the title again! )
    Fanofree

Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by fanofree View Post
    Thanks for your help. The seller has 100% positive feedback and has an E-Bay store - pin city I think. All Disney Pins. Looks real - but I know you can't tell unless you have the real and the fake side by side - but, I think we'll go for it.

So - I go through the SR link.. create an account.... buy the pin. Then what? Will I get a request for payment? I just don't know how it works. (Please read the title again! )
    Once you buy, you will be prompted to pay. Just follow the prompts to sign into your paypal account and go from there. Ebay really makes it simple.

Good luck!

I bought the pin. Thanks everyone for your help!
    Fanofree

Sunshine Rewards

Yay! Don't forget to leave feedback after it arrives.
    Claudia

Quote Originally Posted by Love2Shop View Post
    Yay! Don't forget to leave feedback after it arrives.
    Yes, I should do that. I already received e-mails that it shipped!
    Fanofree

Sunshine Rewards

I had to update... My credit is already pending and.....even though it wasn't posted, it looks like I got the flat rate for joining that used to be posted as an offer!!!
    Fanofree

Sunshine Rewards