Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More Bankruptcy

Default More Bankruptcy

Another big company filed for Chapter 11 protection, so we have pulled their links. Their stores include etoys, kbtoys, Baby Universe, and MyTwinn.

Nice to pull this right after Christmas so that they don't have to pay us for all of the sales that we sent them the last two months.

http://investor.theparentcompany.com...leaseID=356190
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Sorry to hear...is it possible for you to file a POC if the $ is substantial? (Althought it's probably trying to get blood out of a turnip and you might be way down the chain.)
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by fourfoxesinpa View Post
    Sorry to hear...is it possible for you to file a POC if the $ is substantial? (Althought it's probably trying to get blood out of a turnip and you might be way down the chain.)
    I'm assuming that our networks that we work with probably would. But from what I have heard, when a merchant files BK, we are such a low priority that we don't stand a chance of getting anything.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

Yea, I bought my son a game for the wii back in November for Christmas from KB.....I guess I bought the wrong one,...he would rather have another game. The store would not let me return it, so now its on ebay.
    Pretty Dirty.

Guess they figured they would squeeze all the $$ they could. Pretty underhanded. They must have known this was coming. Sorry we got used.

Question for you Tricia. Do you usually pull an advertiser when they file for bankruptcy or are closing?

When I do a search many items from Linen's n Things come up. Click on it and most items are out of stock or unavailable. PITA to wade through all their stuff in a search. Aren't they closing in a day or 2?
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Our B&M L&T closed on Sunday...
    Sunshine Rewards

I went to the outlet mall yesterday and noticed the KBtoys closing. I wondered what was up. That is not good for us!!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by ~Kathie View Post
    Guess they figured they would squeeze all the $$ they could. Pretty underhanded. They must have known this was coming. Sorry we got used.

Question for you Tricia. Do you usually pull an advertiser when they file for bankruptcy or are closing?

When I do a search many items from Linen's n Things come up. Click on it and most items are out of stock or unavailable. PITA to wade through all their stuff in a search. Aren't they closing in a day or 2?
    Yeah. We should get official notice to close them soon. They are actually putting money aside for the affiliates (unlike the others that I already yanked).
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by Candi View Post
    I went to the outlet mall yesterday and noticed the KBtoys closing. I wondered what was up. That is not good for us!!
    They actually OPENED a kbtoys in our mall right before Christmas and now they are closing all of their stores! I'm guessing it was a last minute way to get rid of some inventory?
    Debbie

A week before Christmas I noticed that KB Toys had up a "Store Closing" signs up, and they did at the Outlets also.

April told me they were up for a couple weeks or so by then. I really didn't buy a lot of toys there. Target would always be lower, especially during clearance times!
    Amy

PhotobucketSunshine Rewards