Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: My finished project for Christmas

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    3,599

    Default My finished project for Christmas

    I know this is not scrapebooking...but it is a craft...maybe we need a place for projects.

    This is the stocking that I made my grandson. It felt so good to finish it. It felt good to get going again.

    Marilyn

    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

  2. #2
    askomsky's Avatar
    askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

    Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    5,971

    Default

    Oh he's GORGEOUS!!!!!! Stocking came out really nice too! I'm impressed you did a really great job on it!
    Sunshine Rewards

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,704

    Default

    Great job on it Marilyn!! He will love that for years to come!! He is a cute little guy!!!
    Sunshine Rewards

  4. #4
    m 'n c's Avatar
    m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    13,497

    Default

    Oh you did a great job. It is funny to see that it is almost bigger than he is. You should make that an annual photo to chart his growth.
    Sunshine Rewards

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,611

    Default

    Simply Beautiful.........I just love it Marilyn......boy I wish I could knit! My mom does all the knitting....me, the crocheting......although for stockings I sew them.........looking forward to the next one I can make.......just waiting for my sister to have her baby in June..........I had so much fun making Nate's (my nephew) and my girls........nice to have a new project!

    Your daughter must have been thrilled when she saw that stocking! Little Benjamin will have it forever and always think of you when it is pulled out!!
    Pamela


    Sunshine Rewards

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,568

    Default

    Dang it! I can't see pics at work (probably because I should be WORKING) - I'll have to wait until I get home tonight. Looking forward to seeing your handiwork AND your sweet grandson!!!
    Lori

    Sunshine Rewards 8x Super Member

  7. #7
    arob414's Avatar
    arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

    And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    Oh you did a great job. It is funny to see that it is almost bigger than he is. You should make that an annual photo to chart his growth.
    Your grandbaby is beautiful, a baby is the best Christmas gift I can think of.

    I work in the Nsy and we have had babies as little as 1-13 and as big as 14-8. We have taken pictures of the babies holding a new pencil so later on we can really appreciate how tiny or big the babies were.

    One of the nurses, that I work with, knitted all her children stockings when they were young. And, for some reason, she made them really big. Most of them are married, now, and their spouses have complained about how hard they are to fill.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    3,599

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    Oh you did a great job. It is funny to see that it is almost bigger than he is. You should make that an annual photo to chart his growth.

    Cate...that is a great idea! I will have to remember that.
    Marilyn

    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    3,599

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pbhall13 View Post
    Simply Beautiful.........I just love it Marilyn......boy I wish I could knit! My mom does all the knitting....me, the crocheting......although for stockings I sew them.........looking forward to the next one I can make.......just waiting for my sister to have her baby in June..........I had so much fun making Nate's (my nephew) and my girls........nice to have a new project!

    Your daughter must have been thrilled when she saw that stocking! Little Benjamin will have it forever and always think of you when it is pulled out!!
    DD was very excited. She still has hers....well...number two. I did a baby's first Christmas one and then made another. I make them with the 4 needles.

    Hmm...I am going to have to see yours....sewing...must be beautiful.
    Marilyn

    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    3,599

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arob414 View Post
    Your grandbaby is beautiful, a baby is the best Christmas gift I can think of.

    I work in the Nsy and we have had babies as little as 1-13 and as big as 14-8. We have taken pictures of the babies holding a new pencil so later on we can really appreciate how tiny or big the babies were.

    One of the nurses, that I work with, knitted all her children stockings when they were young. And, for some reason, she made them really big. Most of them are married, now, and their spouses have complained about how hard they are to fill.
    That must be something to see with the pencil...how tiny or big they are. It really makes me think.

    about the size of the stockings....this year I let DSIL off the hook...I did it all. He did a whew! when I told him.
    Marilyn

    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •