Thread: Ipod touch gen 1

Default Ipod touch gen 1

Anyone get/give an iPod Touch refurb recently? Apple.com says its gen 1, which means you need to download the new software for $10. I may be giving one as a gift, but am trying to figure out if I should just include an iTunes gc for the upgrade or what?
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    Anyone get/give an iPod Touch refurb recently? Apple.com says its gen 1, which means you need to download the new software for $10. I may be giving one as a gift, but am trying to figure out if I should just include an iTunes gc for the upgrade or what?
    Oh Heather, you shouldn't have!!! How did you know that's what I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY wanted for Christmas but didn't get???? My birthday isn't until May so I'll try and act very surprised, okay?

(Sorry, I don't have any answers for your questions!)

I would go ahead and give a giftcard for the download as well. We gave our DD one of the 1st gen. for Christmas. She was able to play music but I don't think she was able to play games and a few other appliccations before she purchased the download. The download was very easy and the Ipod Touch works great - wish I had one.

Quote Originally Posted by JillyFish View Post
    Oh Heather, you shouldn't have!!! How did you know that's what I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY wanted for Christmas but didn't get???? My birthday isn't until May so I'll try and act very surprised, okay?

(Sorry, I don't have any answers for your questions!)

Quote Originally Posted by MKCP84 View Post
    I would go ahead and give a giftcard for the download as well. We gave our DD one of the 1st gen. for Christmas. She was able to play music but I don't think she was able to play games and a few other appliccations before she purchased the download. The download was very easy and the Ipod Touch works great - wish I had one.
    Thanks! yeah, the potential recipient is a fan of "Jellycar" (?) on a family members iPod, so I figured he'd need the download.

I love my Classic, as I'm one of those people who needs to have all my music on me, but I was jealous when Dniece started accessing wifi in Panera yesterday.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

I just got one for Christmas. My DD just told me that she didn't do anything special when she set it up for me. I can access the internet without any problems. I haven't tried to download anything yet.
    TTFN, Marianne
    Sunshine Rewards
    DD17 DS11 1/2
    My brother Tom (September 26, 1965 - December 4, 2007) always in our hearts. We miss you Tommy!
    I miss you Mom! September 20, 1931 - October 3, 2011

Will the pain ever go away? We still miss you every day!

We got our kids the 1st gen / refurb Ipod Touch, ordered from apple. They are great. We did download that upgrade for $10 each, needed to download some games. I think we had loaded songs and videos with no prob, but needed the upgrade for the games.

I think including an itunes gc with it is the right way to go. We love them!