Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disney Mgm Is Dead!!!!!

I can't wait to see the new Toy Story Ride!

Quote Originally Posted by tweety129s View Post
    I can't wait to see the new Toy Story Ride!
    Me too! We are HUGE Toy Story fans...I think MGM (how long can I call it that?) had the best parade (besides Spectromagic )...but the new one sounds awesome.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2aPrincess View Post
    Hate to hear about High School Musical pep rally..I know they are replacing with with another hsm show, but my little one is soo looking forward to the wildcat pep rally.
    I had the same reaction - it seems silly to me to start the "School's Out" show as school is just starting up again. Seems like they would ride the pep rally out until next spring and then keep the HSM train rolling with the new show then. I wonder exactly when they are changing the show - for right now, I'd rather see the pep rally too - maybe that will change after I've seen the new movie. However, thanks to Radio Disney, I now have "School's Out" memorized and I still like the origianl HSM songs better, but we'll see!!!

No matter what, we leave in 32 days and we're just about bouncing off the walls (DH and I that is)...I think we're way more excited than the girls even...
    Rachel

Quote Originally Posted by tommygirl79 View Post
    I had the same reaction - it seems silly to me to start the "School's Out" show as school is just starting up again. Seems like they would ride the pep rally out until next spring and then keep the HSM train rolling with the new show then. I wonder exactly when they are changing the show - for right now, I'd rather see the pep rally too - maybe that will change after I've seen the new movie. However, thanks to Radio Disney, I now have "School's Out" memorized and I still like the origianl HSM songs better, but we'll see!!!

No matter what, we leave in 32 days and we're just about bouncing off the walls (DH and I that is)...I think we're way more excited than the girls even...
    They are most likely making the switch sooner and not latter because of the release of HSM2. They wanted to keep it all tied in! Out with the old, time to buy all the new! That would be my guess for not waiting till next summer when School's OUT!
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

I will probably still refer to it as MGM just out of habit, but, yes...on our recent trip it was always referred to as Disney Studios. I think this has been in the works for a while. I think they do need a new opening show! I think the changes sound good. They need to continue to switch things up a bit to continue to get everyone coming back and not getting bored after all.

As long as they don't do away with Fantasmic or RRC, I'm good with it!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by speechteachri View Post

As long as they don't do away with Fantasmic or RRC, I'm good with it!
    I think it would be a long long time before they went away! They are both only around 10 years old right now, and i am sure they are still writing off part of the cost of building them! I dont know of many E-Ticket attractions that have gone by the wayside! so I think we are safe in keeping RRC! the Fantasmic! well its a great show, that might change, but they built it it very own section of the park, I do think it will be here for years to come!
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

Default Disney Rocks!

I know sometimes it is hard to let go of the name MGM but I am excited that in the end it will probably be a better experience going to the park. I do love MGM but the things our kids love the most are Disney Attractions anyway.
    (4) (3) (2)
    Us: "Where do you guys want to go for dinner tonight?"
    Kids: "Disney World"
    Sunshine Rewards

I am so excited about this!! I have little ones, 19 months and just over 3 years and they LOVE Playhouse Disney - wait - did I say they LOVE Playhouse Disney??? I personally want to have my pic with Handy Manny - maybe I have the hots for latino handy men.

And Toy Story - Love It!!
    SunshineRewards

I doubt we'll be able to call it anything but MGM for a long time. It's DS13's favorite park. All my kids are excited about the Toy Story ride. We're going next June, so hopefully we'll get to see all the new stuff.

Sunshine Rewards

10. Bookmarks