Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sunshine Girls Hit Las Vegas for Affiliate Summit

Saturday afternoon we headed back to the Rio to meet up with Cindy. Attending Affiliate Summit is kind of like a twice a year high school reunion. From the time you check in, you start running into friends from all over the country. Lots of squeals and hugs and promises to meet up later in the weekend.

We assembled in the room and for some reason, Cindy claimed the couch. Totally her choice. She can't blame it on me. I even tested it out before she got there in case it was my lot.

We decided to stay in the room and watch some football and rest because we were going to have a LONG night ahead of us. After a little resting and showers, we headed down to the lobby at 8 to start meeting up with friends.

Our first meet-up was at the ICE Bar in the Rio. Met up with the guys from Things From Another World and a few others that are part of an online marketing forum (affspot) that we belong to. They had these really cool "coffee tables" that were computer screens. You could play games on them, pull up youtube videos, and even send IMs to people at the other tables in the bar.

After a few drinks, it was time to head to the Palms for our next party. This was one that we were really worried about because it was at a trendy club called "Moon". We watched a video about it online in advance and decided that we definitely needed some new clothes.

The party was thrown by a company called buy.at that is owned by AOL. They manage some of our big merchants like Ticketmaster, CD Wow, 1-800-PetMeds, and Swarovski. We were given wristbands and shuttled up a fancy hidden elevator to the top floor of the Palms. They took our picture like celebrities and let us into a VIP section with a balcony that had a view of the entire strip. It was gorgeous!!!

After some champagne and greeting our hosts, we started mingling and meeting up with other affiliates and affiliate managers (like ARC, the ones who manage Checks Unlimited, Train Signal, Mario Badescu, etc). (Those of you with Facebook accounts can see Andy, the owner, here http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1258560513) Also some general industry people like the guy who designed the SR logo and the current headers. We got to meet the CEO of As Seen on TV Network and a couple of other people who work there.

There were reports that David Hasselhoff was in the club with us, but we never did see him. Then again, we weren't really trying that hard.

When it came time to leave (around 3?), we got split up and I headed out with the CSN stores managers and another friend. We got totally lost and ended up in the Playboy Lounge!! It was cool there, though. Big fireplaces and comfy couches. The bathroom was almost all black (including the toilets) and there was a sign that said "Only one person per stall. No exceptions." I found that pretty funny.

Made it back to the room by about 4--exhausted! Compared notes with the other Sunshine Girls and decided that we would sleep in on Sunday.

Up next...the conference actually begins!

...That wasn't even part of the Conference????...

Sounds like you guys had a pretty fun "pre-conference" time!!!
    Sunshine Rewards

...That wasn't even part of the Conference????...

Sounds like you guys had a pretty fun "pre-conference" time!!!
    Sunshine Rewards

Oh ya, Saturday before the Conference starts is always the heavy hitter party. This year we were all good though. We danced a ton at the "moon". I was so exhaused I could barely make it back up the steps to our private party suite. Of course, being out of shape didn't help any. Angie and I left a few minutes before Tricia and were able to visit a penthouse suite at the Palms that was being occupied by As Seen On Tv Network. The place was unreal. They had a hottub built into the side of the patio overlooking the city, and two huge bedrooms, a kitchen with a dining room that seated 18 people, fireplace, 3 fantastic bathrooms. It was like something you would see in a movie. You pushed a button and the entire curtains on the wall would open up and the sheers and the view was fantastic. It is a super luxury suite.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Wow! What a treat to see that place! It sounds absolutely amazing!
    Marilyn

Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards