Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For the creative---HELP!

Default For the creative---HELP!

I just found out that I am in charge of the "fun" at our family reunion on August 25th. Now, I love hosting parties but when it comes to games....HEAVEN HELP ME!

I'm looking for games that are played outside(we are at a park with no swings, slides, etc). The age group is 2 to 80 years old...tho I imagine the 80 year old will just be watching so the games have to be entertaining for great aunt Wonita....lol. I'm sure some of you creative sunshiners know some cute, fun, and CHEAP games we can play. I thought about a water balloon toss but that seems boring. I really could use some help from my friends at sunshine rewards.

So if you had to provide the games for close to 100 ppl, what games would you play?(I do have a stash of prizes if I need them) Thanks for the ideas!!

Okay. We played this game at my nephews b-day party in May. Take a long string tie one end around a donut, the other around a tree branch. The idea is to eat the donut off the end of the string without touching it. So, you want the donuts at all different heights so that all ages can play. We had such a blast and the ones that get the icing covered donuts look hilarious. Some people ended up eating their donuts off the ground or against the tree. I will try to post a pic tomorrow.

Oh. And bingo is a good game for our family. Another game for all ages.

Are you or anyone in the family Disney freaks? If so you could play Goofy Bingo. We did this at Hilton Head. Instead of yelling Bingo you have to yell Goofy Bingo as your roll your hands. The boards are various disney characters and whoever is calling gives hints about the character as well as showing a picture. This allowed even the 4 year olds to play.
    Sunshine Rewards

Okay. Here are my pics from the donut on a string game.

Kycha, That is so funny! I am going to do this for DS 9th birthday in a couple of weeks!! I love it!!

ok, how about some of the field day games. egg and spoon race, try water balloons in between their legs, not sure of the spelling but it is called bauchi ball. We have played this and it is a lot of fun. Lots of bubbles for the kids. Make some big bubble makers out of wire coat hangers and use aluminum pie plates to make big bubbles. If I can think of anything else I will post again!! Good luck!!!

Lydia
    LydiaSunshine Rewards

cool these are some cute ideas. Anyone else have some Ideas. I have about 2hours to fill....uuuggggh.

Good luck with coming up with games to entertain all those people. I wouldn't want to have to do it. But I will say, the donut game is alot of fun, we've played that at my dd halloween party at school. If possible, how about water balloon toss. everyone has a partner, start off really close and after each successful toss, you have to take a giant step back. We love doing the "rumor game" ( I don't know what its really called) where one person says something to someone else and it has to make it around to everyone, the last person says what they were told see how diffrent it is from the original saying. We usually write something on a card so no one forgets what was said.

Quote Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
    Kycha, That is so funny! I am going to do this for DS 9th birthday in a couple of weeks!! I love it!!

ok, how about some of the field day games. egg and spoon race, try water balloons in between their legs, not sure of the spelling but it is called bauchi ball. We have played this and it is a lot of fun. Lots of bubbles for the kids. Make some big bubble makers out of wire coat hangers and use aluminum pie plates to make big bubbles. If I can think of anything else I will post again!! Good luck!!!

Lydia
    Thanks! It was a lot of fun. The string I had was so low, I had to play on my knees. Didn't win of course. But we had a great time.

How about the game that everyone gets a balloon tied to their anke with a string. Then you run around and try to pop everyone elses balloon with your feet. The last person with their balloon left wins. Once your balloon gets popped you are out of the game though. We did this last year at a family reunion and it was a lot of fun. I would have an area that everyone has to stay in so people aren't running everywhere and with that amount of people I would probably do 2 games, one for the kids and one for the adults.

We played a really fun game at bible school last week.

Just play duck, duck, goose with a twist...get a big car washing sponge and soak it with water. instead of the person just using their hands to tap the heads and say duck. the wet sponge is used to tap the head and when they say goose the sponge is squeezed dumping water all over the persons head. was great fun on a very hot day.
    Sunshine Rewards