Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For the creative---HELP!

I've done the donut game, and I love the idea of the bingo game and water balloon toss.

When I helped organize a company field day we did the old stand-bys of sack races and 3-legged races, but also hula contest (who can go the longest - you might be surprised!), tog of war, clothes pin drops, and sinple bean bag or ball tosses. We also set up a makeshift voleyball set.

The little kids could probably be entertained with a couple beach balls - they need to keep them off the ground. The older ones who can't do many games might like watching people run around like goofs.

Sorry I can't be of much help - this company field day was back in 1992!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Sorry - I'm a little sleep-deprived!

Forgot about this one. We have all the kids take off their shoes and put them in a pile (sometimes the shoes are placed in brown sandwich bags to make more difficult depending on the age of kids) then we do a relay race to see which team can get all their shoes on before the other.
    Sunshine Rewards

wdwabby is offline I'm like the MacGyver of crafting - I'll figure something out!

water balloon pass

line up as a team - if you have 100 peopl, 10 teams of 10

single file, each team gets a water balloon (preferably a nice, plump, kinda over-filled one).

balloon starts with the person at the front of the line. each person passes it over their head to the one behind them, last person gets it and runs it up to the front. First team to successfuly make it through all the people in their line w/o the balloon breaking wins.

it becomes kinda fast and frantic, and it's hilarious when the balloon breaks!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Joined 6/1/07 Sunshining my way back to WDW ... one penny at a time!

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinemckenzie View Post
    I just found out that I am in charge of the "fun" at our family reunion on August 25th. Now, I love hosting parties but when it comes to games....HEAVEN HELP ME!

!!
    This isn't a game, but a great family reunion idea that my DH family does. Everyone in the family brings things from their house they don't want anymore, pics..cookbooks, nicnacks, that sort of stuff. Then they have an auction, its really a lot of fun. Then, that money is used to fund the reunions every year. Its amazing how the money adds up, you get neat little things from the family, and its funny. One of jeffs cousins bought his own moms item she was auctioning off so he could give it back to her for Christmas as joke. I thought this was a great idea.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

I don't know the name of this game, but it's a blast to play...a relay race of sorts.

Pick teams (several people on each team...as many teams as you have baseball bats). Race begins by one person from each team spinning around on a baseball/wiffleball bat (resting the middle of their forehead on the top of the bat with the wide part of the bat on the ground and spinning quickly). After so many designated rotations on the bat (I'm thinking about 15-20, can't remember exactly), each player is supposed to put down the bat and try to run to the other end of the field/course and back. The reality is...they probably won't be able to...they'll be too dizzy to walk straight. It's hilarious, entertaining, and cheap!
    Lori

Sunshine Rewards 8x Super Member

Quote Originally Posted by jl8595 View Post
    I don't know the name of this game, but it's a blast to play...a relay race of sorts.

Pick teams (several people on each team...as many teams as you have baseball bats). Race begins by one person from each team spinning around on a baseball/wiffleball bat (resting the middle of their forehead on the top of the bat with the wide part of the bat on the ground and spinning quickly). After so many designated rotations on the bat (I'm thinking about 15-20, can't remember exactly), each player is supposed to put down the bat and try to run to the other end of the field/course and back. The reality is...they probably won't be able to...they'll be too dizzy to walk straight. It's hilarious, entertaining, and cheap!
    Thats a fun game to play!

I have seen that done, as a baseball game where the must spin around on the bat before they go to hit the ball!
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.