Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Thoughts on Sunshine Scratch Off?

m4travels is offline Deep breaths, everyone. Stay calm. Back away from the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnZ47 View Post
    I'd also be sad to see the scratch-off become more exclusive. For me, the scratch-off and clicks were my SR "training wheels". That's what kept me coming back and exploring other areas. That led to my trying out the shopping rebates, then surveys. Recently I started to try out the offers.

Now I'm finally posting the the Forum!
    Another guy!!!! Welcome, John!
    Dude
    Oh, the tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

WOuld any of these ideas work for the scratch off...they could be like you own personal mini contest for the day and it seems like they could get people motivated to do other things on SR
    :I was wondering if for the Scratch Off you couldn't maybe add (a consolation incentive) like "earn an extra .10 if you complete an Aisle 7 offer today" "find an SR video about ___ and earn .01", "post a shopping review and get free second chance survey entry", "make up to 3 posts on the members question & answer forum and earn .01 a post"; "Complete 2 surveys today and get a .15 bonus" "complete such & such an offer and get __"; "earn double for a paid offer" ; "make an eBay purchase today and get double credits" or "you have earned a chance in the second chance survey drawing" or "sign up a friend today and earn $3 when they earn $5" "Earn .02 for getting a top 10 score on such and such arcade game" The incentives are limitless and you could maybe get more people to do more things on SR. These would be great motivators, just like the forum games etc. I know it may be a nightmare for SG (sorry) but I think it would be a great motivator for SR members!!! All could be things that had to be completed before midnight or within 24 hours or some other parameter.
    Thanks bs4free!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by lanny76 View Post
    I'm not sure what I think abt basing it on a daily transaction. I'm always trying for a survey every day, but this month, I haven't been able to get one at all sometimes - nor do I do offers every day, either. Or shopping either! So even tho I visit SR/forums for multiple reasons every day, I don't always have a transaction for every single day .(- tho I think I probly do for most days!) So to me it seems it would be more fair to base a system like that on having at least 2-5 other transactions over a week's time. Just my 2 cents.
    And really, how silly - just do ONLY that one thing and wait for months/years to get 20$!!Why not do more and get more?!?!
    i haven't been able to reach 10 so far this month, figured it was just slow perhaps? no biggie, yet hope my luck improves

Quote Originally Posted by missymouse View Post
    Could you tie it into the forum like the games on the forum. It would seem to me that the ones just coming to do the scratch off probably are not forum members. I am not sure about X in the last 24 hours just because some days no matter how hard you try you can't get anything to credit. But if you made it that you had to post something to the forum in the last 24 hours that would be easier to do and it would bring the extra bonus of getting more people involved in the forum so they just might discover how to do the other things. I would think it would take a very long time to earn $20 just by doing the scratch off because even if you managed to get the .03 every single day it would take almost 2 years (666 days)
    jmho, just because somebody posts alot doesn't mean they necessarily havae anything particularly relevant to say re SR earnings/hints, etc, could just be social stuff, venting, etc....lots of lurkers probably (as on all boards)...sometimes less is more kwim?

additionally, this is my busy season (tax prep time) im lucky i have time to brush me teethlet alone spend much time on the 'net

don't get me wrong, i enjoy SR & depend on the rewards, just that life & free time tends to eb & flow for many of us
    Last edited by keishashadow; 01-25-2009 at 02:01 PM.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    We encourage all the newbies with emails and they even have a special place in the forum that you oldtimers can't access, its private just for them. We send out emails and constantly invite new and old members to join in the forum discussions <snip>
    I think this is soooo important. I am always trying to get people to join SR, and I encourage them to join the forum (and get paid to do that), read the forum, etc. I offer them tips on how to do signups and tell them which threads to check in the forum for more info. I have 73 referrals and only FIVE have made $3 on their own. I think an email with a link to a tutorial video (or even a webpage for those of us on dial up) would be so helpful. A step by step instruction (the best you can) would be really helpful, IMO, because it seems that they join and get a few cents and give up. Half of my referrals are sitting at $2 and haven't logged in for a very long time. I'd love to see them get active - for my sake and yours, LOL.

Better late than never but here is my 2cents.

It seems to me that the problem from SR perspective is that there are some people that are cashing out without really participating (bringing in anything for SR). Is there a way to set the cashout only available if your scratchoff amounts are below a certain percentage. Someone that is only cashing out with SO would be at 100%. Someone that did one .80 survey and SO for .80 would be at 50%. Even if you add in the 2.00 for joining and paid clicks those things all are a very small percentage of my total, even though lately I have not been able to do much more than the scratch off and paid clicks.

kvmj is offline Soaking Up the Sunshine

Weighing in really late here. I have been a member for 2 years and made $2.68 on the scratch off game. I am up early so usually get to play the scratch off game.

I think that reserving the game for those who either take a survey or attempt to take a survey is a very good idea. If you don't like that idea, why not see if you can get a sponsor for the game? It shouldn't be a problem for anyone to have to click on a banner, view it for some period of time, and then have the game appear.

Like others, I cannot believe that anyone would spend the years and years it would take to reach payoff by playing the scratch off game.