Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Sunshine Scratch Off?

I agree that it's not right that people are getting the benefit of the scratch off game without fully participating in the other parts of Sunshine Rewards. In addition, aren't there only so many scratch offs available per day (unless you're a supermember)? That means some of these people may be playing a game that will then not be available for a regular SR user. Having said that, some days I have better luck than others, so I would hate to be locked out just because of that bad day. Is there some way to look at it on a weekly or monthly basis (e.g., you have to complete so many transactions in a week or month to get to play the scratch off the following week or month)?

Well, gotta run and get my lucky shirt on for the game. Will check back later to see what's going on.

Go Steelers!!
    Barb

What if you made a lower level Super Member status - but call it something else - like $25 per quarter and then make the Scratch Off available? There's no way that anyone doing only the Scratch Off could get to $25 in a quarter. .03 x 90 =2.70. I'm sure most people on the forums make at least that.

Or $10 per month? Just another idea
    Karn
    Sunshine Rewards

Member #4187

I also like the idea of a monthly/quarterly total being part of it, or maybe at least one offer/survey/shopping credit. I just wonder if a monthly quarterly total would be discouraging to newbies.
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

It took me a while to figure out the whole offer/survey thing... I was a just click member for a while.
    Keep it simple.

Under 1 year member - you get access... no matter if you do anything else or not. Keeps newbies visiting.

Over 1 year member - Did you earn more than $xx amount (not sure what seems fair - $100/year ??) then you get access for another year...recheck on anniversary of their join date. set bit

Over 1 year member - didn't make the cutoff point?? then probably recheck periodically for qualification (weekly? monthly?)

Can display a message for those who don't qualify. Would you like to learn how to earn more money?? visit our forum for earning tips... or something like that.

Hopefully this is simple to program and doesn't put much load on the machine.

I love how you are always updating the program... changing it, making it better.
    Faith
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Proud to be SR member #3129

I like the idea of a graduated easing in for members as Faith posted above. It seems that would make it fair for everyone and give an additional incentive to be more active SR member no matter how you do it: surveys, offers or shopping.

I know it may seem like a little thing to some people, although I think most people here understand, but I really look forward to the scratch off every day and I loved when I made super member that I was never locked out. Some days I don't have time to scratch off until I get home from work which may be 8:00 PM, but it's something that I look forward to each day.

Quote Originally Posted by faithhope View Post
    It took me a while to figure out the whole offer/survey thing... I was a just click member for a while.
    Keep it simple.

Under 1 year member - you get access... no matter if you do anything else or not. Keeps newbies visiting.

Over 1 year member - Did you earn more than $xx amount (not sure what seems fair - $100/year ??) then you get access for another year...recheck on anniversary of their join date. set bit

Over 1 year member - didn't make the cutoff point?? then probably recheck periodically for qualification (weekly? monthly?)

Can display a message for those who don't qualify. Would you like to learn how to earn more money?? visit our forum for earning tips... or something like that.

Hopefully this is simple to program and doesn't put much load on the machine.

I love how you are always updating the program... changing it, making it better.
    I like this idea too! It doesn't scare off the newbies who might not know what to do yet, and it gives members plenty of time to figure out how to make money.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

I joined in 2006 and all I did for 2 years was the scratch off - I didn't know there was anything else! The only money I made was hitting an occasional scratch off, a paid click, a paid email. It was slow going.

That said, all the reward programs I know of do offer something to ALL members on a daily basis, whether it's a trivia question, scratch off, paid click, site visit - whatever.

I think totally locking out those that don't do anything else but the scratch off isn't fair, as then they won't have any way to earn money on SR on a daily basis, and I think they'll give up. Most people are not familiar with how to do offers and even though I offer my referrals a tutorial, they find it overwhelming. I try to get them to do the surveys, but most of them give up before ever reaching $5. I think they need that incentive of the scratch-off, and hopefully it will keep them coming back and they'll check out the site and the forums and decide to do offers and surveys.

Quote Originally Posted by rumrunnergirl View Post
    I joined in 2006 and all I did for 2 years was the scratch off - I didn't know there was anything else! The only money I made was hitting an occasional scratch off, a paid click, a paid email. It was slow going.

That said, all the reward programs I know of do offer something to ALL members on a daily basis, whether it's a trivia question, scratch off, paid click, site visit - whatever.

I think totally locking out those that don't do anything else but the scratch off isn't fair, as then they won't have any way to earn money on SR on a daily basis, and I think they'll give up. Most people are not familiar with how to do offers and even though I offer my referrals a tutorial, they find it overwhelming. I try to get them to do the surveys, but most of them give up before ever reaching $5. I think they need that incentive of the scratch-off, and hopefully it will keep them coming back and they'll check out the site and the forums and decide to do offers and surveys.

I was in the same boat. I had no idea how to go about qualifying for surveys and offers until I read about it in the forums. It took me a long, long time to even think about reading the forums, yet daily I checked to see if there were any paid clicks and played the scratch off game.

My thought is if it can somehow be tied into reading the forums, maybe those who are only trying to scratch off might find there is way more to SR than just the scratch off. I have no idea how to do that - but I do think it it's tied to having to post a reply, it's going to drive people away rather than get them to become more active.
    Sunshine Rewards

I'm definitely hearing some good arguments on both sides. What makes me mad are people that I see who have been members since 2006 and done nothing but the daily scratch off and locked other people out because of it. I do see the value in giving new-ish people the scratch off just to get them involved in the site to begin with. One of the reasons that we now have the most popular offers show up on the scratch off page when people get there and it is already over for the day is to try to show them other ways to make money. It does seem to help a little because a lot of people do those most popular offers FROM that page.

Decisions, decisions!!!!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    I'm definitely hearing some good arguments on both sides. What makes me mad are people that I see who have been members since 2006 and done nothing but the daily scratch off and locked other people out because of it. I do see the value in giving new-ish people the scratch off just to get them involved in the site to begin with. One of the reasons that we now have the most popular offers show up on the scratch off page when people get there and it is already over for the day is to try to show them other ways to make money. It does seem to help a little because a lot of people do those most popular offers FROM that page.

Decisions, decisions!!!!
    I don't know if this is technologically possible or not, but is there any way you could bump up the offers listed by one extra offer for each one in the top 10 (or however many are listed) that the person has already completed? I very seldom check most popular offers because it seems like there are MAYBE two on a page because the others have either been done or are in my pending list. Granted, if this page is showing up to those who do nothing but scratchoff, then it's probably a moot point as most probably haven't done any.
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards