Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Sunshine Scratch Off?

Anything you do will upset someone our even cause some people not to get to scrath off each day.The true members will bend to your way of thinking...
    Good luck in this hard decission of what to do
    Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by gpp2001 View Post
    What if you made a lower level Super Member status - but call it something else - like $25 per quarter and then make the Scratch Off available? There's no way that anyone doing only the Scratch Off could get to $25 in a quarter. .03 x 90 =2.70. I'm sure most people on the forums make at least that.

Or $10 per month? Just another idea
    I like this idea...you reach a set amount and you are allowed to play games...be it the scratch off or the forum games.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Wow alot of good ideas here. You members have really put your heads tigether. Sorry i don't have anything to ad though.
    Every day is better with a little in it.I have earned over 2000.00 in sunshine rewards.

Lots of good ideas and arguments for both sides! I was thinking along the lines of you get so many "free" scratch offs and then after that you have to have completed a survey or offer in order to do the scratch offs. Maybe each month you get so many "free" scratch offs and then after those are up, you only get scratch offs if you have completed x number of surveys or offers during whatever time period or something along those lines. Not sure what the best numbers would be or how easy tracking would be.
    Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by spring View Post
    Hmmm.........I totally see your point. It's ashame, with the huge number of SR members, you only see so many active members on here. I definitely feel that SM's should have access to it as they have proved being active just by attainment of that status. As to how to include non-SM's, perhaps the opportunity could be tied to their previous month/quarterly performance. A value of $XX.XX could be set that they must meet monthly/quarterly to have access to the scratch-off. Just as an example, a non-SM might have to have $5.00 worth of activity monthly/ $15 monthly.

I'm not sure whether or not it should be tied to posting on the forum. Not everyone has a comfort level with that. However, if they are doing surveys, shopping and/or paid offers, they ARE contributing to SR.
    I think this idea is probably the best if you want my 2 cents.
    Just making it $5 or $10 a month ensures that at least the members who do nothing more then a DS or OTX each day etc has to earn them at least that much.

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    I'm definitely hearing some good arguments on both sides. What makes me mad are people that I see who have been members since 2006 and done nothing but the daily scratch off and locked other people out because of it. I do see the value in giving new-ish people the scratch off just to get them involved in the site to begin with. One of the reasons that we now have the most popular offers show up on the scratch off page when people get there and it is already over for the day is to try to show them other ways to make money. It does seem to help a little because a lot of people do those most popular offers FROM that page.

Decisions, decisions!!!!
    I agree, bc to me what in the world is the point just to log in and do a scratch off? To me it would be a waste of time if those people (06 members) are only doing that and then locking out newer members who are just getting the hang of it.

Like others said basing it on a transaction count per day could be tough, but maybe 1-3 transactions per week? To me that is definitely more doable. Again I like Pat's idea or the 1-3 per week, again this is a business decision so I'll support whatever decision you make but I don't think it's unreasonable to ask these members to at least attempt a survey or offer once a week. If they do and get credit then SR is making money and a win/win situation.
    Sunshine Rewards

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

I like Faith's graduated plan. Have the scratch off available for new people with a pop up screen at the end (win or lose) that directs people to the forum to learn how to make more money. I would give them a couple of months of that.

After the "newbie" period, have the game closed unless there is other activity that quarter (shopping, survey or offer).

In the 2 and half years I've been a member I think I've only made $5 with the scratch game. Can't imagine just coming for that.
    Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by bbangel View Post
    I like Faith's graduated plan. Have the scratch off available for new people with a pop up screen at the end (win or lose) that directs people to the forum to learn how to make more money. I would give them a couple of months of that.

After the "newbie" period, have the game closed unless there is other activity that quarter (shopping, survey or offer).

In the 2 and half years I've been a member I think I've only made $5 with the scratch game. Can't imagine just coming for that.
    I had to go look how much I've made. I've been a member for almost a year and a half and have made 3.26 from scratch off. Loooooong time to wait for cashing out! Maybe in 5 yrs I could get $20!
    Sunshine Rewards

I can't imagine that people would come only for the scratch off when there are so many more possibilities. But I think the earnings per month idea is good like $10. That should be easy enough
    Sunshine Rewards

I'm not seeing, at all, what the problem is.

It's a tiny little amount. Those members are being relatively punished by only getting maybe 3 cents at a time.

OK I can see that you don't enjoy paying out when they aren't paying in...but then maybe that should cause you to look at the whole concept to begin with. If everything needs to be revenue-generating, then you should go that way, other than contests and such.

Scratch off already favors SuperMembers. If you're not one currently, it definitely favors East Coast people, unless you're a West Coast person who is still up late as one day changes to another day. And I don't buy online all the time, b/c recently things have been better deals in stores , so I would not like, on a personal level, if things became based on shopping.

I also don't get everything to credit, so I would personally be sad if it was based on things crediting...

If you link it to TRYING to do other things...trying for surveys (would feel more comfy with scratch off linked to trying for surveys than I am with the sweepstakes, which makes me want to take my name OFF that list when I do finally get a survey), trying for offers, etc, that would make me feel more comfy. Because getting things to credit is, after a certain level of cookie/cache clearing and being careful, completely out of our hands.

I can see that it's hard to pay out when people aren't paying in...but to the people doing it (just like people only doing paid clicks on other sites and that's it) it's a tiny, slow little way of getting small amounts of money, and that slowness seems, from my point of view, "punishment" enough.

Just took a look at my account...I've been here...since March of '07, and I have made a WHOPPING 3.86 in scratch off and whatever contests that line on the earnings page is talking about. I do SO, maybe not every day, but most days. So I'm not sure how these people are managing to cash out often by only doing SO! If they are cashing out often just doing SO, you might want to look into that, b/c that sounds fishy to me...
    Sunshine Rewards

I feel a little cranky when I think about the fact that people are logging on just to play the scratch off and shutting out other more active SR'ers. It never dawned on me that people would do that.

I would fully support a change in the eligibility. Honestly, if these folks are serial 1-3 cent/per day clickers, we may not want to base it on transactions. If they're lucky enough to log in and find that pesky green guy 2-3 times per week, they'll continue to be eligibile and it won't solve anything. I'd lean towards a monthly dollar limit. It sounds like it wouldn't take much to weed out the itty bitty clickers...maybe $5-10 per month? Maybe for new accounts, offer a daily click trial period of 1-3 months?
    Lori

Sunshine Rewards 8x Super Member