Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Where Is Everyone Today?

Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

I just read about Scatman. I am so sorry Cindy. I will keep you both in my positive thoughts and hope things will turn around. I know how much you love him!

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    Well, you know where I've been, but just to fill everyone in a bit.

My old horse, Scatman, was toe dragging about 10 days ago, I immediately called me vet clinic. The vet I like wasn't there anymore so they sent another one out. He didn't do an exam, just gave him a steriod shot in the hock. A couple days later the horse was down and it took 4 of us 4 hrs to get him up. Called the clinic, they sent another vet out, she claimed it was an abscess in the hoof. So we started all his soaks and treating him for that. Then, he wouldn't eat, so she came out again, and we did blood work and put him on zantac, the next day he was down, and we couldn't get him up all night, I had then found the original vet I liked so on Sunday he came out for 4 hrs, we did IV's, sterioids, antibiotics and even an epinephrin shot (which is extremely potent). Still couldn't get up. We were going to have to make a decision on putting him down. So, on Monday, the vet was going to come out, cremation arrangements made tentatively, then on Monday, the vet called and we talked more. The blood work showed nothing at all wrong. So, I decided we needed to get him up, somehow, someway. I found a guy with a tractor, and he and a friend and a couple guys I know came over and lifted him with the tractor. He spent last night standing up in his stall with a soft rope under his belly to keep him from laying back down. The vet comes out today. Hopefuly, this vet will be able to tell me what the heck is wrong with my horses left leg. I have treated the fetlock, it looks very swollen to me. Hopefully whatever can be fixed, and the the "E" work won't come up. I've had him for 22 years but I want more. So, thats where I've been. I've slept in his stall for 3 nights and the other nights a friend called me every hr to wake me up to check him.
    Oh Cindy... Hugs & Prayers are being sent your way!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

So, so sorry Cindy!!
    Christina
    Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

So sorry Cindy..
    What a beautiful friend..
    Sunshine Rewards