View Poll Results: For the Mid-Atlantic/East Coast meet what is your first choice of location?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Six Flags Great Adventure

1 14.29%
  • Washington DC

1 14.29%
  • Hersheypark

4 57.14%
  • Knoebel's

1 14.29%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mid-Atlantic/East Coast Meet

Default Mid-Atlantic/East Coast Meet

It seems that August is going to be the best month for the meet. I think we need to figure out where first, then we will figure out when. If it ends up being Hersheypark I think it is April that can get tickets at a discount through her school. the other place suggested was Knoebel's, Washington DC or Six Flags Great Adventure. Vote in the poll for you first choice and then post on this thread your second choice. Majority will determine the place. Sound fair enough?
    Sunshine Rewards

The only place I could go to would be Hershey Park
    Sunshine Rewards

My second choice is Hershey Park.
    Amy

PhotobucketSunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Ohh I could go either way so I'm waiting to vote... I pick both equally! (Hershey or Knoebels)
    Sunshine Rewards

DC is just too far for me for a one day - if I can make it, any of the amusement parks would be fun but Hershey is the closest for me.
    Sunshine Rewards

i don't know where knobels is. but i know hershey is just too far for us for the day. great adventure would be ok, i have relatives and could stay with them. would love dc but would not have the slightest idea where to park, and my hubby wants to do "family" trip, so i can't vote for that one.
    all star movies for 10! jun 15-21. what a nightmare of a vacation.

Here is a link to a page that has the location of Hershey Park (A) & Knoebels (B)
    http://www.mapquest.com/mq/8-dypWjv_tsEWAu5xf

I'm up for either Park, it doesn't matter to me. We usually hit both of the parks throughout the summer.

As for Knoebels, it is a free park - Free to enter; Free to Park.. you just pay for the rides. On the weekdays, you can purchase a wristband to ride all the rides. Knoebels is level and under shade for the most part. Hershey has some hills, and has the larger rides. I would say that Hershey has more thrill rides, where Knoebel's has more kiddie rides for the kids. But there is enough rides for the larger kids as well at Knoebels.

Hershey is definitely a larger amusement park than Knoebels.

Amy

PhotobucketSunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesdare View Post
    i don't know where knobels is. but i know hershey is just too far for us for the day. great adventure would be ok, i have relatives and could stay with them. would love dc but would not have the slightest idea where to park, and my hubby wants to do "family" trip, so i can't vote for that one.

What state are you in? Maybe there are others near you that would like to meet up. I know what you are saying though about being too far for a day trip. Knoebel's is a 3 hour drive for me so that is the furthest I would possibly be able to go for a meet. Hersheypark is 1 1/2 to 1/3/4 hours. Like I said in the other thread I am very reluctant to go to Great Adventure because I have heard bad things about the area, and the people that frequent the park. I would not be comfortable letting my kids go do their own thing there at all.
    Sunshine Rewards

i am on the eastern shore of virginia. as far east as you can go. about 1 hour from ocean city md, (south).

i have also heard bad things about great adventure. my son is only 9, will be 10, but i will not be letting him wonder around.

if anyone is around that wants to do a meet at ocean city we could also do another meet.
    all star movies for 10! jun 15-21. what a nightmare of a vacation.

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

How about we look at it a different way?

Is this just a one day trip? How many kids age wise would be coming?

While I think Knoebels is the absolute best for overall cost and it does have a good amount of older kid rides, if we're talking just one day trip Hershey Park is probably better IMHO. If it's an overnighter then Knoebels would be my pick. I'll go to Knoebels regaurdless bc my aunt lives 15 mins away and we always go at least twice over the summer sometimes 3 times.

This for my isn't really about my kids bc they've been to both recently BUT I do have younger kids and they can't go on a lot of the "bigger" rides at Hershey bc of height restrictions. My DD6 wanted to go on so many but couldn't even with an adult. At Knoebels that's not a problem. So again they're not missing out on anything at either place in the sense that they were at Knoebels 3 times last summer and Hershey once. They'll go to both again this year, for me it's really about ME and meeting all of you but at the same time making it fun for everyone.

So trying to figure it from that angle, are we going to have a lot of younger kids or older kids? One day or two?

Just something else to chew on.... Again doesn't matter to me, unless something drastic happens I'll be at where ever we decide on since we'll go anyway.
    Sunshine Rewards