Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Let the planning begin!

Default Let the planning begin!

Okay....I am getting very excited about the kids' and my trip in June. I have decided to purchase the quick service plan. So....my question.

I am staying at Pop. I am assuming that I cannot buy a whole pizza for credit, right? I had thought abuot ordering pizza one night, possibly the first night there, but now I am rethinking if I cannot use my cs credits.

No, I am not planning meal by meal. But I am looking at all of my options. I already have a list of all the snack options! FUN FUN FUN!!!!!
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

O, I love the planning.

Our favorite CS's from our last trip were:
    ***** Main Street Bakery. We could get two items and a drink for a CS. The cinnamon rolls there were HUGE and so 2 cinnamon rolls fed us well. I loved it there! (We bought a lot from there and felt it was a great use of our credits.)

We also loved Wolfgang Pucks and Earl of Sandwich in Dowtown Disney. the sandwiches were very good and it felt more fancy then a hamburger joint.

We ordered pizza our first night there. From Giordanos. It was good and we had left overs for the rest of the week BUT we decided not to do that again. Next time we will stick with what is on our dining plan and not spend more.

Good Luck. I think having a plan is a good idea. Then you know where to go and how much things may cost you.
    <Sunshine Rewards

I looked it up on the Dis and it said-

Pizza Service: 2 quick serve meals can be exchanged at a quick service location for one 16" pizza, two desserts and two beverages.

So you should be able to get it from the food court if you pick it up yourself, I don't think you can have it delivered to your room.
    Claudia

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Wink

Are you doing that new Quick Service meal plan..2 QS per day, per person? Plus 2 snacks per day...I was looking at this the other day, sounds great.

My favorite CS's are
    Earl of Sandwich -- Downtown Disney-great HOT sandwiches

Wolfgang Puck Express ---Downtown Disney-love their salads

Sunshine Seasons --Epcot, Land Pavillion I always have one of their Asian bowls..fills ya up

Yorkshire County Fish Shop--Epcot, UK Fish and Chips, yummy

Everything POP food court--ate there twice last trip, love their Chicken Penne Alfredo, with garlic bread

Flame Tree BBQ-in AK...ribs or chicken..DELISH

Cosmic Rays-Tomorrowland, MK great burgers with ALL the fixins from the fixins bar..but they have great rotissare chicken and mashed potatoes..big

I've heard Pepper Market at Cornodo is good, never been, maybe Jen can fill us in on it.

I've never had pizza, only on the Boardwalk, it was oka...Whatever you do, it will be great, I'm sure.
    I'M DEB And I'm Making My Way Back To Disney..With Sunshine Rewards...One Click At A Time!

Deb Tokarski -Mouse World Travel, An Authorized Disney Vacation Planner

Booking Disney Destinations (Disney World, DisneyLand, Disney Cruises & Adventures by Disney)
    as well as Sandals & Beaches Resorts and other destinations & other cruise lines worldwide!!

For more information and a free no-obligation quote email me at: deb@mouseworldtravel.com
    You can also Friend me on Facebook--> Deb Tee
    Your Dreams are a Wish Away with ME and I am ready to help you find your Dream Vacation!!

Thanks guys! Yes I am doing the quick service plan. I am very excited! I love the planning stages! I already printed out all of my snack options for all of the parks AND Pop. It took me 8 pages! I just don't want to go in blinded on "where do I find a snack?" We won't really plan our meals, but if we know our options ahead of time, it will save us headaches down the road. (Plus the planning part is just so dang fun!)

Nice to know about the 2 credits for pizza! That would be worth it. I will have to go back and check it out!
    Angela
    Sunshine Rewards

How exciting to plan this fun trip for you and the kids!!! I'm anxious to hear how you like the quick service plan- I think that one would suit us the best as we don't like being tied down to too many plans but rather grab a bite here and there. Thanks for letting us share in your planning!!!

If you are in Downtown Disney any, you really have to try Earl of Sandwich as others have mentioned. It is sooooo good...I crave those sandwiches and have to eat there at least a couple of times each trip!! It's a nice change from the other counter service options. I also always have to have my fish and chips from the Yorkshire Fish Shoppe in Epcot. Yumm. I've been wanting to try Flame Tree BBQ at Animal Kingdom...I think I have heard that the portions are pretty large there so maybe that could save on some credits. Oh...now I'm hungry!!
    Last edited by disney_girl; 01-24-2009 at 08:58 AM.
    Sunshine Rewards

I am definitely going to have to try Earl of Sandwich! We have an extra day without passes, so dtd it will be. (Plus, sometime I am meeting Traci at T-Rex - OOP, but it will be fun!) Plus, I am planning on having some non park time. We will do our best to to there!

I am planning on Flaming Tree too. We are going to need a little more options than just the burger ALL the time. But it will be so nice not to worry about money, etc. It will ALL be paid for up front!

Can I say this one more time! THIS IS SO FUN! I have not planned a WDW trip for 2 years. I am in my happiness!!!!!
    Angela
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by linanglab View Post
    I am definitely going to have to try Earl of Sandwich! We have an extra day without passes, so dtd it will be. (Plus, sometime I am meeting Traci at T-Rex - OOP, but it will be fun!) Plus, I am planning on having some non park time. We will do our best to to there!

I am planning on Flaming Tree too. We are going to need a little more options than just the burger ALL the time. But it will be so nice not to worry about money, etc. It will ALL be paid for up front!

Can I say this one more time! THIS IS SO FUN! I have not planned a WDW trip for 2 years. I am in my happiness!!!!!
    Hi Angela,

Don't forget that T-Rex is owned by Landry's - I just cashed out for a couple of gift cards to use there - $23 for Supermembers to get a $25 card. It's a great deal!

It IS good stuff to be inside on a winter day planning a sunny WDW trip!!!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by fourfoxesinpa View Post
    Hi Angela,

Don't forget that T-Rex is owned by Landry's - I just cashed out for a couple of gift cards to use there - $23 for Supermembers to get a $25 card. It's a great deal!

It IS good stuff to be inside on a winter day planning a sunny WDW trip!!!

Ohhhh...good idea! I didn't realize that!! Another way to stretch that SR savings!
    Sunshine Rewards

Thanks ladies. Hoping to have enough to cash out in a $25 gift card. Maybe a $50. Hmmm.....Maybe I should only cash out in $450 in Disney cards, and a $50 in Landry.....Gotta think about this now!
    Angela
    Sunshine Rewards