Thread: I need to purchase Allergen Proof Bedding... any suggestions???

Default I need to purchase Allergen Proof Bedding... any suggestions???

We found out that DS9 is allergic to Dust Mites & a bunch of other items... I'm trying to get all the items that they suggested for his bedroom... an encasing, pillow cases, pillows (they suggested getting inexpensive pillows, and just replacing them)...

I've been looking at a couple of places online, but if you have any suggestions of what held up for washing every two weeks, I know we have to get a new comforter also, because his is starting to breakdown after washing it every two weeks. So I'd like to put my money into something will hold up.

Thanks!
    Amy

PhotobucketSunshine Rewards

Have you looked at CSN Stores? They have a ton of options. Just be aware that some stores within the site are 1% while others are 3%, so know what credit to expect.

Good luck! I really should always sleep on that sort of bedding, but I just never do, and just live with the sneezing, and use alternative stuff when it gets too bad. A better bed might be cheaper though, ultimately.
    Sunshine Rewards

DD also suffers from allergy to dust mites (among other things) that cause her asthma to flare up. When I "sealed up" her bed, I bought her zippered pillow case covers for dust mites at Walmart and I got her mattress cover at Linens and Things - so I guess any merchant that sells bedding will have them. She had a brand new mattress and I left the box spring in the plastic that it came in so I didn't have to cover that. I did not get the real expensive ones that are recommended on allergy websites and she's been fine and they've held up to the washings. I did, however, invest in an Electrolux Oxygen vacuum cleaner which got top ratings on the allergy websites.

At least with a boy, you won't have to argue constantly about how many stuffed animals can be "on display."
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by fourfoxesinpa View Post
    DD also suffers from allergy to dust mites (among other things) that cause her asthma to flare up. When I "sealed up" her bed, I bought her zippered pillow case covers for dust mites at Walmart and I got her mattress cover at Linens and Things - so I guess any merchant that sells bedding will have them. She had a brand new mattress and I left the box spring in the plastic that it came in so I didn't have to cover that. I did not get the real expensive ones that are recommended on allergy websites and she's been fine and they've held up to the washings. I did, however, invest in an Electrolux Oxygen vacuum cleaner which got top ratings on the allergy websites.
    Thanks! that's what I was wondering.. Real expensive vs inexpensive... I'll have to look into the vacuum too, especially since I have a really crappy one right now. It's a bagless, they are the worse kind, well at least the one I have! I'm glad I needed a reason to get a new one! (even though I'm not too happy that Dwight has these allergies)

Quote Originally Posted by fourfoxesinpa View Post
    At least with a boy, you won't have to argue constantly about how many stuffed animals can be "on display."
    Well, no, I still have those discussions. Dwight sleeps with his "Ben" ... Ben is a White Bear with a red bow tie that was won at a local fire company fair YEARS ago. This past year we saw won another one, but it's smaller than "Ben" and Dwight doesn't like it... Anyways, Ben gets washed with his pillows. We also have the Webkinz. ... That was about 15 Webkins. I'm not sure what we are doing with them. Unfortunately we do not have another room I can put them into so I did wash them when Dwight was diagnosed, but I haven't since them. I think I'm going to put them into a plastic bag after I wash them the next time, and he can have out one or two at a time.

But no unfortunately I still have those discussions!!

Thanks for the info, though... That was exactly what I was wondering
    Amy

PhotobucketSunshine Rewards