Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone ever stay at Coronado Springs?

Quote Originally Posted by Magical JenK View Post
    That would be fun! We are going to MNSSHP on the 14th & I don't want to take up your first day, so maybe your 2nd day/night?? Margaritas would be great! No, no kids, just me & DH....who is a 32 year old kid, espeically at Disney!!
    That sounds great..Maybe Tricia can send us each a Sunshine Pin so we can easily identify ourselves. I really don't want to have to come up with a Secret Sunshine handshake or something.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by chocovrdmicears View Post
    That sounds great..Maybe Tricia can send us each a Sunshine Pin so we can easily identify ourselves. I really don't want to have to come up with a Secret Sunshine handshake or something.
    A Secret Sunchine Handshake Cool, What is it!

BTW I will be at MNSSHP on 9/14 as well!
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

I think this was the resort that got ranked as one of the best hotel pools this summer in some magazine I was reading. I think that is a great draw for me now
    <Sunshine Rewards

I was just there in May for a conference and LOVED it. Let me see if I can dig up some pictures tonight for you!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by chocovrdmicears View Post
    Liam was also diagnosed with PDD. Thanks to a couple of years of great therapy and a wonderful special ed program he has come a LONG way! He still has a few minor meltdowns and his speech is delayed. HE absolutely lights up at Disney too! This time last year he was pretty much nonverbal.We were heading to Disney last Sept and i remember praying that something on the vacation would inspire him to speak. Now here we are 1 year later and he told me today he was 'goin on a plane to see Mickey Mouse'. He thrives on the stimulation at Disney...but when he is done, he is DONE! Our concern was the transportation. We were blessed with the monorail access at the Poly. So our concern was his inability to wait in lines or deal with super crowded buses often. We leave the parks every day for downtime to swim in the pool and relax in the room. We are nervous being dependent on the bus system. It's all about timing for him.
    It sounds like a wonderful resort and I thank you for all the positive words. I know we are going to have a great time! And I will give a full report when we get back.

He sounds alot like my son Gannon. Gannon was diagnosed when he was 3 1/2. He was pretty much non-verbal at that time. Thanks to wonderful therapy/other intervention services he is doing great. He still struggles with verbal communication and social interactions (he'll never be the most outgoing kid in the class.)

I wouldn't worry too much about the transportation. You are still going in a pretty slow period. Mid-afternoon breaks are great. I always carry something to occupy the kids at the bus stop so that they don't get too uptight waiting for the bus. Does Liam like to stim off of things like lights at all? I find that Gannon really tends to relax in stressful situations (like crowded busses) when I have something with blinking/flashing lights.

Have a wonderful trip! I can't wait to hear about it when you get back
    Lynn
    Sunshine Rewards