Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Affordable Dining at Disney?

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by Miako View Post
    Thanks for the welcome! And the ideas! I forgot about those little packets and I loooove lemonade. We are going the first week of June so I definitely looking into all quenching your thrist ideas.

I was thinking we would probably only do one meal a day in the park and then bring our own snacks and such so I'm glad that's along the right track.

It seems most of my searches pull up DP folks and since we won't be able to do that I was getting a bit worried we would have to leave the park and come back a lot more than I planned.

Is sharing food not a problem at most places? I'd hate to do something frowned upon. I bought the Unofficial Guide to Disney yesterday and altho I haven't gotten started on it yet, the pictures in the beginning show a Disney burger vs. a McD burger and I was thinking my girls could definitely split that happily (they are 6 and 8).

Thanks everyone for all the tips! I'm new to the boards and the whole SR program so hopefully I can make the most out of it before my trip and have a bit of extra money, too! (that would be so great, lol.)
    I think the only place it would be a problem at would be at a buffet. I don't think they'd allow you to split but at any counter service or some of the table service/sit down places splitting shouldn't be an issue.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Miako View Post
    Thanks everyone for all the tips! I'm new to the boards and the whole SR program so hopefully I can make the most out of it before my trip and have a bit of extra money, too! (that would be so great, lol.)
    We are glad you are here! You will find us to be a pretty chatty group ALWAYS happy to talk about Disney.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Oh yeah I love my crystal light Raspberry Ice, I carry those packets with me all the time. Like Tricia I drink water all the time but can't with dinner, so the Raspberry Ice comes in VERY handy.
    Sunshine Rewards

All good ideas. I don't mind eating breakfast bars or cereal in the room but I refuse to carry food into the park. It *is* vacation and a huge part of that for our family is all of the wonderful restaurants and yummy snacks they have at Disney. We do bring one bottle of water each into the parks (which can be refilled as you go along - add flavor packets if you need to), then what I would do is choose a late breakfast buffet or a lunch at a table service and eat your fill. Have a snack later in the day and then you can grab takeout off-site on your way or make a sandwich when you get back to your off-site room.

If you're eating counter service, Disney portions are large... you can share, and then if still hungry grab something else at another place or an extra snack. And, if you have adults who are not large eaters I've never seen them mind if you order from the children's menu. If you're eating at a table service place and it's not a buffet or being served family style, you are welcome to share.

Hope this helps!

If you are eating counter service, be aware that you can order things without fries. Most places don't have just a hamburger/sandwich listed on their menu. It is almost always listed as a hamburger/sandwich and fries. If you think you will have enough fries to share, you can order just a hamburger/sandwich and they will take some money off.
    Debbie

If you are going to Animal Kingdom, a meal at Flame Tree BBQ is definitely sharable.
    The McDonald's and Earl of Sandwich at Downtown Disney have free refills on beverages
    ShanPooh

Sunshine Rewards Member #6059

disneyforever is offline Ok, I have finally arrived here... now we can start the party!

Quote Originally Posted by ShanPooh View Post
    If you are going to Animal Kingdom, a meal at Flame Tree BBQ is definitely sharable.
    The McDonald's and Earl of Sandwich at Downtown Disney have free refills on beverages
    Are there free refills at any of the parks... in any of the counter service restaurants? I read (somewhere???) that you can get free refills at the Sunshine Seasons counter in Epcot. Does anyone know if this is true? When I was there in February, I did see a couple of people refilling their cups, but I wasn't sure if it was an ok thing to do.
    Elaine

disneyforever is offline Ok, I have finally arrived here... now we can start the party!

One other thing, DH and I always share counter service meals. Most portions are huge - espeically at Cosmic Ray's
    where you can build your own burger, ect. This way we save money and don't over eat. Also, this give DH room for
    snacks from Mrs. Pott's. He is obsessed with that place. I, on the other hand, prefer Dole whips.
    Elaine

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    I think the only place it would be a problem at would be at a buffet. I don't think they'd allow you to split but at any counter service or some of the table service/sit down places splitting shouldn't be an issue.
    Also, don't forget to make some ADRs if you'll be doing any of your meals in the parks at a Table Service/Sit Down restaurant before you leave!!

Something else to consider if you're doing the table service route for your meal in the parks....do a lunch instead of a dinner...it will be cheaper & a nice break in the hot day for you guys!

Have a great trip & welcome to SR!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800