Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Disney Counter Service

Angela when is your trip??

DTD- Wolfgang Puck - breakfast and lunch/dinner

The breakfast here is awesome!! Great omelets and potatoes, yummy waffles, and the breakfast pizza is surprisingly delicious!!

Lunch/dinner - awesome chicken strips that my kids love, great roasted chicken with the world's best mashed potatoes, and awesome salads!

Hotels - We liked the food court choices at CSR and at Wilderness Lodge.

[B]MKB] - Casey's has great hotdogs and also really good corndog nuggets which my 6 year old loves!

We also love Cosmic Ray's for all the different choices and the toppings bar.

Hope you have a wonderful trip!!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

andrea2289 is offline I might even start my Sunshining with a big bowl of Baskin-Robbins Chubby Hubby

I am still a pecker!

We just got back and loved all of these CS meals:

Epcot- The German stand Sommerfest is my new favorite. Yummy Bratwurst, pretzels and good German beer!

MK- Columbia Harbour House is a nice sit down counter service with great Clam Chowder, good salads and I love the Lighthouse Sandwich. Usually my hubby and I both get a bowl of chowder and split a sandwich.

AK- We always eat at Flame Tree BBQ. My husband loves the smoked 1/2 chicken, my son loves the ribs and my daughter and I either share the 1/2 chicken with an extra order of coleslaw or split the turkey sandwich.

HS - We LOVE Sci-Fi Dine In! I know it doesn't get great reviews but we have never had a bad meal there. My family loves good burgers and theirs are great. This visit my DH and I both got a burger and shared the Spinach and Artichoke Dip. My daughter got the BLT Soup (which she loved) and ate 1/2 of my burger. I have also had the Rueben and loved it.

DTD- Earl of Sandwich because we love different funky sandwiches and Wolfgang Puck Express for the pizza and Focaccia sandwiches.

I'm making myself hungry! I can't wait to go back!
    ANDREA - 5x SUPERMEBER
        Sunshine Rewards

My trip is June 9 - 17th. We are staying at Pop! Cannot WAIT. Me and the kids need this vacation! It is something that I am SOOOO looking forward to!

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyBoys View Post
    Angela when is your trip??

DTD- Wolfgang Puck - breakfast and lunch/dinner

The breakfast here is awesome!! Great omelets and potatoes, yummy waffles, and the breakfast pizza is surprisingly delicious!!

Lunch/dinner - awesome chicken strips that my kids love, great roasted chicken with the world's best mashed potatoes, and awesome salads!

Hotels - We liked the food court choices at CSR and at Wilderness Lodge.

[B]MKB] - Casey's has great hotdogs and also really good corndog nuggets which my 6 year old loves!

We also love Cosmic Ray's for all the different choices and the toppings bar.

Hope you have a wonderful trip!!
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

You're making me hungry, too. Gotta wait 2 months to go back. Glad to hear that CSR food court is good cuz that's where I'll be staying....um, at CSR, not the food court, that is.
    Magic Maker, Off to Neverland Travel Co.

Quote Originally Posted by schaery View Post
    You're making me hungry, too. Gotta wait 2 months to go back. Glad to hear that CSR food court is good cuz that's where I'll be staying....um, at CSR, not the food court, that is.
    LOL, staying at the food court That sounds like my DS13

ANGELA, CONGRATS on your trip!!! I hope it is your best ever!!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

Quote Originally Posted by linanglab View Post
    My trip is June 9 - 17th. We are staying at Pop! Cannot WAIT. Me and the kids need this vacation! It is something that I am SOOOO looking forward to!
    hey our trips overlap! we're there june 7-14. maybe we'll have a chance to meet?!

Quote Originally Posted by iluvamystery89 View Post
    hey our trips overlap! we're there june 7-14. maybe we'll have a chance to meet?!
    Sure! Let me know where you will be when! I am waiting for TGM to come out with the best days, the we will decide where we will be each day.
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

oh cool! i've never used TGM...does it really help? DH HATES crowds and avoiding them as much as possible would be great, lol.

Just got back and have a couple of updates/notes.

The Cuban sandwich wasn't on the menu at ABC Commissary (sp.?). Looks like it's gone. I ended up getting the kids ham and cheese wrap. DH and I split a sandwich (can't remember the kind) and entree sized salad at the Backlot Express later in the day. It was early evening, after the last Lights Motors Action show was long over, and it was very empty and relaxing to sit back there.

Great 1/2 rotisserie chicken meal at Cosmic Ray's with mashed potatoes and green beans. Very moist and ended up sharing with DD.

I had a tuna sandwich at Columbia Harbour House and really enjoyed it. I do not like raw onions (a texture thing) and couldn't detect any in this sandwich. The bread was very hearty and tasty. DH had the hummus, broccoli slaw sandwich there and loved it so much, he said he'll have it again in June.

TieDye cheesecake fell short of expectations. From what you see on other boards, I expected this to be nirvana and, although it was tasty, it didn't live up to the hype. I prefer New York style tangy, dense cheesecake and this was more "fluffy," if that makes sense. The bottom layer was red velvet cake, instead of graham cracker, but it wasn't as chocolately like most red velvet cakes are.

At Pirata y Perico, I had 2 tacos with yellow rice. Halfway through my tacos, I saw other guests taking their plate, filling it with lettuce and tomato from the toppings bar and then dumping their tacos/rice on top, making a taco salad. Great idea!

The Best BLT at Earl of Sandwich was indeed the best I've ever had! The tomato soup was creamy and very yummy.

Pineapple Dole Whip Float - YUM! Needn't say any more!

Fish and Chips and Spicy Tuna Roll in Japan were both very good - I was a little leary of the roll since it was premade but we were there early enough and it tasted great, not gummy. DD really liked her chicken/rice kids' meal at China.

I think another great place to get a meal for a decent price would be at the Campground. We had dinner at the Trails End but I looked at the take out menu and saw pizza for around $16 and the 10 piece chicken dinner with sides and biscuits for $22.99 - which is a steal by WDW standards. We never had a counter service for our family of 4 for less than that. It would make for a nice evening to go there, get the family chicken meal and head to the singalong/movie. Or just take a nice boat ride from MK and relax in the nice, cool trees while eating and then head back afterwards.

OK, now back to counting points.
    Last edited by fourfoxesinpa; 04-01-2009 at 04:33 PM.
    Sunshine Rewards