Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Disney Counter Service

We were just at Disney in January and we had a FABULOUS counter service meal at Wolfgang Puck.

I had the asian salad and I think it was the best I've ever had. Some of the kids had the alfredo while others had chicken strips. They also have pizzas.

I couldn't believe that they didn't limit your choices but you could have anything on the menu.

They also had a creme brule to die for.

This was by far the best counter service we had. I think for the 8 of us it would have been close to $200 but just 8 table services.

We are going back in April and I can't wait for another of the salads.

Thanks,
    Becky
    --Becky
    Wisconsin

Sunshine Rewards

Oh man, I love threads like this!

Epcot- my new favorite is Tangierine in Morocco- their wrap is TDF. I also like the teriyaki at Yakitori house in Japan.

MK- I LOVE the tuna sandwich at Columbia Harbour House in Liberty Square. Yummo- they also have good clam chowder here, and chicken strips/fish.

I like Cosmic Rays- rotisserie chicken and potatoes or a burger with all the fixens.

AK- besides Flame Tree, we like the Yak n Yeti counter service. the honeyed chicken is reallllly tasty, as are the egg rolls.

DtD- I also have to say Earl and Puck's Express- great variety here! Esp on the dining plan, you cannot beat the value!

Also, I thought the Mara at AKL had a fantastic variety of food- I got a huge fried shrimp platter here and my kids had flatbread pizza. I heard the new counter svc at the Contemporary is really good too, if you happen to want to monorail over there for lunch/dinner.
    Sunshine RewardsRobin

MK:

Harbour House tuna sandwich (and I don't ever eat tuna)
    my sister liked the chicken sandwich there as well

Main Street Bakery. I have been able to make a cs out of frech toast loaf and a frozen latte (also strawberry one). So filling we can share this one

Casey's is okay if you are looking for a bit of a change (well for hotdogs that is)

AK:

Flaming Tree roasted chicken breast....so good

EPCOT:

France Bakery the girls get there cs there all the time. Sydney gets the turkey and cheese on baguette, Sadie gets ham & cheese on croissant. they also get a dessert and drink. Now honestly you and Bethany could split one of these. Way too much food....the boys could eat them whole I bet.

Morrocco: I use to love their cs, but not anymore! so sad

England: Fish and chips always good

If I can think of anymore I will let you know...
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

We love the fish and chips stand, the Morocco place, and the German stand. All were really good last September. MGM and AK were the hardest for us to try and find something other than the usual burgers and such. We finally tried Pecos Bill and it was ok but I was not blown away with the toppings bar like some of those Dissers.
    Sunshine Rewards

Thanks for all of the responses! I love this part of the planning. Sounds like we will have lots of choices other than the burger - which is fine - but nice to do something different at times.

I printed of the menu for Pop. They did seem to have lots of choices. I am excited about that...not as excited as my 14 year old boy though!

Thanks guys! If you think of any others, please let me know!!!!
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

Don't forget to try the twinkie tiramisu and tie dye cheesecake at Pop's foodcourt. Yum!!
    Lori

Sunshine Rewards 8x Super Member

Quote Originally Posted by linanglab View Post
    Thanks for all of the responses! I love this part of the planning. Sounds like we will have lots of choices other than the burger - which is fine - but nice to do something different at times.

I printed of the menu for Pop. They did seem to have lots of choices. I am excited about that...not as excited as my 14 year old boy though!

Thanks guys! If you think of any others, please let me know!!!!
    From what I'm reading, the Shrimp Lo Mein is really tasty (and BIG) at the Pop. Can't wait to try it (and the cheesecake. )
    Sunshine Rewards

The cheesecake is on the top of my list for a snack! Because according to the DIS, I can use it for a snack credit! WOOHOO! Boy do I LOVE cheesecake! It is definitely one of my favorite foods in the world! I am so excited for my trip that I am bursting at the seams!
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

Love Earl and wolfgang puck!!

At MK we usually go to Cosmic Rays and get the chicken and pork combo, we also like Columbia Harbor House.

At Epcot, we love all the countries hae varieties

At Animal Kingdom we do Yak and Yeti counter service

At DHS, we usually stick to burgers and chicken or the pizza planet!

Just FYI don't know if you can go to other resorts, but I have found that Coronado Springs resort has some awesome counter service choices.
    Sunshine Rewards

i have to throw in another vote for pecos bills-the bbq sub is pretty good (i only eat the meat, but it's still good) and DH loves the toppings bar. we're not adventurous eaters and my menu is limited in some ways b/c of my gastric bypass surgery, but as long as there's burgers and fries, DH is happy.