Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Would Make You Recruit Friends?

Default What Would Make You Recruit Friends?

We have a little bit of advertising money to spend this month, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to spend it. I could blindly pay for people to sign up for Sunshine Rewards, but history has proven that our best members come as a result of hearing about SR from other members.

So here's the deal. Right now we have a referral program where you can get paid $2 for getting a friend signed up and active. That works fairly well for us. But I want something BIGGER!! What would it take to get you to get your friends here. A big prize? Matching prizes for you and the winner? Suggestions welcome and appreciated.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Honestly, I tell everyone I can about SR. I just don't have much luck with them following through. I even have a SR tutorial that I email to them. In the 2 years I've been here only 5 people have signed up and one of those didn't do anything beyond the first day. For me, it would be better to reward the new member in some way to get them to participate from the start. I'll refer people here for nothing

Quote Originally Posted by bajam View Post
    Honestly, I tell everyone I can about SR. I just don't have much luck with them following through. I even have a SR tutorial that I email to them. In the 2 years I've been here only 5 people have signed up and one of those didn't do anything beyond the first day. For me, it would be better to reward the new member in some way to get them to participate from the start. I'll refer people here for nothing
    You raise a good point. I actually have a post on a mom's business board right now for "fresh eyes" to take a look at SR and give me feedback about what draws them in and what pushes them out. It may take some site changes/additions to get people going once they get to the site (however they end up here).
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Maybe a SR tutorial they have to read before signing up? If you don't know the difference between offers and surveys I can see where it would be confusing on the front page. I think a lot of people would be more comfortable starting out with the surveys where you're not giving out your phone number and address. Then when they see that those credit and they trust SR, then they start the offers.

i wish i could help more... I have 19 people and only 2 that has done anything, i wish i could figure out how to get them to do more.

I wish I had something to suggest...I talk about SR to everyone! both friends and strangers. And I haven't had one referral in the almost 2 years I have been a member. It's very sad. I think the idea of internet fraud and identity theft scares many of them away, even though I have not had an issue.
    Sunshine Rewards

I finally got a friend to sign up after years of bragging about SR. I love the stack of Disney gift cards I have each year... my friends always ask me how I can go... and I tell them... they are always amazed... but for some reason, only one of my friends has joined.
    A few shop on the internet, and I've tried to get them to do only shopping via SR and even that they never follow up on... it hurts to see them not take the money offered by SR...and then whine that they can't go to Disney or out to eat or whatever.
    My friends know I'm SR crazy I have the pins, a wonderful canvas bag (can I buy a few more of those??), and other bits of promo merchandise, but they don't follow through...
    I'll talk to the one friend who joined to see if she has any ideas.

I'm hoping someone will have a good suggestion.
    Thanks Tricia!
    Faith
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Proud to be SR member #3129

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

I agree it's hard to get someone interested and understand how to do it, even starting off small. I guess I'm lucky bc out of the 9 referrels I had 5 made it past the 5.00 mark and 4 are pretty active 1 off and on, 2 very active in the forum and 2 pop in occasionally but know how to use it.

I think certain offers or surveys directed towards them that are easy to do and are quick credits to see their balance jump fast would help the addiction?
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I wish I knew. Mike's sister wants to earn disney money and I even went through the whole process of taking screen prints and walking her through how to do the surveys and she hasn't signed up yet.

ETA: I probably still have the word document so if anyone wants it let me know and I can email it.
    Last edited by m 'n c; 02-02-2009 at 10:16 PM.
    Sunshine Rewards

I agree with everyone else, I have five referrals but none of them have made it to five dollars, I don't know how to help them get beyond that point, it took me forever to figure out the greatness of this site
    Sunshine Rewards