Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What Would Make You Recruit Friends?

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Quote Originally Posted by rumrunnergirl View Post
    I think a tutorial aimed at new members would be great. Something to help them along. I mentioned this is the scratch-off thread. Something to help them understand surveys, and online shopping, since many people shop eBay, even if they don't do other online shopping. Once they sign up, a way for them to quickly make a few cents here and there so they know SR is not a fly-by-night place. Maybe a clickable link that says "want to know how to do offers" or "what are the hottest offers right now" or "Do you XYZ? Take this survey today and make 75 cents!" or "Take 10 minutes to make 50 cents" or something along those lines.
    I think something along those lines might help. I have 2 referrals and I have pushed and pulled teeth to get one to be somewhat active. The other I can't get to do anything. I have several friends that are always on the computer - I thought that it would be no problem for them but they just don't/won't sign up.
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

I think a tutorial would be great. My sister-in-law Jen is on the verge of joining (she's seen me pay for most of the dining plan in Disney using gift cards I've earned on SR) but something is holding her back. The fact that she lives 2 hours away doesn't help, I can't sit down with her on a regular basis to show her what to do.
    TTFN, Marianne
    Sunshine Rewards
    DD17 DS11 1/2
    My brother Tom (September 26, 1965 - December 4, 2007) always in our hearts. We miss you Tommy!
    I miss you Mom! September 20, 1931 - October 3, 2011

Will the pain ever go away? We still miss you every day!

I feel like I need a new kick. Or something. I've tried to recruit my friends (didn't work) and the DSIL's (all of whom go to Disney), but it hasn't "stuck," for lack of a better term. I don't know if the DSIL's would be more interested in hearing it from a peer, or something...
    Two random thoughts-is there any way you could buy ad space on a site like AllEars, or send press releases to Disney bloggers? Or on "Mommy" sites (cashback through ToysRUs or Diapers.com?)
    Also, my local TV news station has something called "The Click," where they had a segment on websites. Could you pull info on stations that have something like that and have local SR members contact their stations?
    Last edited by Hedy; 02-03-2009 at 09:57 AM.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    I feel like I need a new kick. Or something. I've tried to recruit my friends (didn't work) and the DSIL's (all of whom go to Disney), but it hasn't "stuck," for lack of a better term. I don't know if the DSIL's would be more interested in hearing it from a peer, or something...
    Two random thoughts-is there any way you could buy ad space on a site like AllEars, or send press releases to Disney bloggers? Or on "Mommy" sites (cashback through ToysRUs or Diapers.com?)
    Also, my local TV news station has something called "The Click," where they had a segment on websites. Could you pull info on stations that have something like that and have local SR members contact their stations?
    I think we should just all buy a gun (real or fake) and hold it to people's heads until they complete a survey. If we did that for a week people would learn that surveys are not hard to do and we could get our referral bonuses.
    Sunshine Rewards

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by speechteachri View Post
    I wish I had something to suggest...I talk about SR to everyone! both friends and strangers. And I haven't had one referral in the almost 2 years I have been a member. It's very sad. I think the idea of internet fraud and identity theft scares many of them away, even though I have not had an issue.

Funny you say that...cause I JUST sent an email out this morning to a few of my friends...with my link to Sunshine Rewards and I got a response from one person right away asking me if she had to enter a credit card, bank account or pay pal account info to join!

Trying to explain it all to newbies, gets confusing for them.
    I'M DEB And I'm Making My Way Back To Disney..With Sunshine Rewards...One Click At A Time!

Deb Tokarski -Mouse World Travel, An Authorized Disney Vacation Planner

Booking Disney Destinations (Disney World, DisneyLand, Disney Cruises & Adventures by Disney)
    as well as Sandals & Beaches Resorts and other destinations & other cruise lines worldwide!!

For more information and a free no-obligation quote email me at: deb@mouseworldtravel.com
    You can also Friend me on Facebook--> Deb Tee
    Your Dreams are a Wish Away with ME and I am ready to help you find your Dream Vacation!!

out of my handful of referels I have 2 that are active (they shop thru SR, but don't do forum)....another one can't seem to get past 3.50 and the other 3 stopped. I did have another friend who used my refereal link but it has never shown up (and I know that shopping wise she would be a big user since she does all the ordering for her law firm) We cannot figure out why it didn't go thru as my refereal (i even walked her thru it)

Most of my friends think I am nuts............my dad would be the only other person who I know would use it (he's a huge shopper) BUT because I have used SR on his computer it declines him as someone new.....is there a way to fix that or am I SOOL?

I will do my best by putting up info on my facebook account as well.......fingers crossed it helps.
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

I don't have an answer either. I have told friends about SR but they either don't follow through or say they are too busy.

I finally got my sister interested, but she couldn't sign up because I had used her computer a couple of times. At the time, I didn't know or I never would have used her computer. I didn't realize it wasn't allowed until she went through the sign up process and was rejected.

I am just bummed because if anyone needs a chance to earn extra $$ for Disney, it's my sister.
    Claudia

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

No matter how easy something is, the fact is that some people just won't do it. They'll be the same ones who will say they can't go to Disney because they don't have money. I bet they also are the same ones who won't save the Boxtops for Education for the school or the Campbell's Labels but will bellyache that the PTO has too many fundraisers. And they probably won't go to the grocery store and buy $15 worth of Pepsi/Lays products and send in the rebate form to get them for free. They're just not wired that way.

There are lots of rewards sites out there so it is hard to figure out how to promote SR - how to differentiate it from the others that might pay back a higher percentage - I choose to shop through SR, even knowing the other rates, because I KNOW there is a much better customer service program here and it is trustworthy. How to promote that, I can't offer any suggestions.
    Sunshine Rewards

How do you add a referral link to Facebook? I tried the SR application I found on there but it didn't work. Do you put it as a posted item?

Thanks for any help!
    Sunshine Rewards

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

Just saw the new link on the main page explaining SR!

Very good start Tricia! One suggestion may be to link to the pages where things can be found. So the word shopping links to the merchant list (links to forum, survey page etc) so that people have no excuse for not finding their way around.
    Sunshine Rewards