Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What Would Make You Recruit Friends?

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by fourfoxesinpa View Post
    No matter how easy something is, the fact is that some people just won't do it. They'll be the same ones who will say they can't go to Disney because they don't have money. I bet they also are the same ones who won't save the Boxtops for Education for the school or the Campbell's Labels but will bellyache that the PTO has too many fundraisers. And they probably won't go to the grocery store and buy $15 worth of Pepsi/Lays products and send in the rebate form to get them for free. They're just not wired that way.

Jamie that is sooooo true! I get made fun off bc of the coupon cutting, bargain shopping that I do, then a certain family member would ALWAYS have some sort of comments about it. To then turn around and ask me for advice bc they know I can always try and find the best deal. I've tried to explain to some people MANY times but they just don't get it but will complain how they don't have any money. You can lead a horse to water but you can't force him to drink.
    Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by bbangel View Post
    Just saw the new link on the main page explaining SR!

Very good start Tricia! One suggestion may be to link to the pages where things can be found. So the word shopping links to the merchant list (links to forum, survey page etc) so that people have no excuse for not finding their way around.

I agree, maybe having a link to the survey's and some of the hottest shopping offers that they can check out. Maybe Cate's screen prints on how to do a survey too?
    Sunshine Rewards

Great ideas!! We are still adding and tweaking. Angie is working on a video to add to the page as well.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

You know one of the biggest complaints I get is the crediting issue. I have everyone sign up for the forum right off and several people come back and say they never get credit. I know most of us on here don't have problems with it but when you are new it really is discouraging. When people go shopping and don't know how to file a trouble ticket so they don't bother. It may be nice for them to see that. I know I had to help my sister do her first one. But she was getting so negative with it.

On the other hand I totally agree with the being made fun of for clipping coupons and such but you know they are the first ones to ask how do you get to go to disney for free okay I will try. I say 15 minutes a day will get you where you want to go.

One of the reasons that we actually have the credit set up for signing up for the forum the way that we do is that if they follow our instructions and do NOT get credit for signing up for the forum, it is likely that their computer is not accepting cookies. We would rather get that solved right off the bat than after they have done a bunch of surveys, offers, and shopping and we can't get the money for them. Despite us telling people when they sign up that they will not get credit if they do not allow cookies, most people don't bother to check.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

I agree with all the reasons already given why people don't sign up or stay active and just wanted to add a couple more.....

I think there is a credibility issue....not with SR specifically, but with this type of site in general. It seems too good to be true that you could earn free money so they assume it must not be "above board."

Also, I know that there are people I have gotten to sign up who are still afraid of being "taken" by an offer or that they will accidentally sign up for something they are not interested in.

And I also think that people just don't want to take the time. They think that they are going to earn as much money as I have by doing clicks and the scratch-off. Those of us who have earned a lot on SR know that it takes more than that. It's not that it's hard, but it does take some time and effort.

I guess teaching people what to do would help some with the second two issues, but I don't know what you do about the credibility.

We all know that the biggest secret to success is being involved in the forum, but people are afraid of that too. Tricia, you already bend over backwards trying to come up with ways to get members into the forum.....I don't know what else you can do.

Is there some non-member or new member group that you could survey to see what is keeping them from joining or earning?

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    One of the reasons that we actually have the credit set up for signing up for the forum the way that we do is that if they follow our instructions and do NOT get credit for signing up for the forum, it is likely that their computer is not accepting cookies. We would rather get that solved right off the bat than after they have done a bunch of surveys, offers, and shopping and we can't get the money for them. Despite us telling people when they sign up that they will not get credit if they do not allow cookies, most people don't bother to check.
    Tricia -
    I think many people don't know much about computers and are really afraid to change settings and mess with anything technical. I'm sure many computer users don't know how to clear cookies or check settings and are terrified of changing any security type settings out of fear of picking up a virus.

Maybe you could add something to the signing up for the forum offer that states something about 'if you do not see credit in your account within XXX minutes/hours, your settings may need to be changed' and then give details on what/how to change? Or even have all new users complete a "cookie test" offer. Perhaps if you actually call it that and beginners know that there are fixes available if they don't get credit, they won't give up so easily? That way it gives newbies step by step instructions without having to go search for the answers. Of course, it may already be set up that way! I can't remember because it was a long time ago that I joined!
    Debbie

Great new "how to" addition Tricia.

I just posted my referral link on my Facebook page and I noticed that the link actually takes people to the Member's page, not the Home page. It would be nice for them to see your new additions first thing.

This may sound stupid, or completely undoable. I know if we sign up our friends we try and show them the ropes of SR. People who make it here on their own are probably completely lost. Is there a way to do a buddy system or something?

I think the new link on the front page is great. I would have LOVED that when I came here the first time. I actually left and didn't join until 6 months later.

I wish I knew a good answer. I do have a lot of people I referred (I think 45?) but only 15 got beyond the 5 dollar mark. I do believe some of those 15 are still really great and famous SR members. But honestly, I talk til I'm blue in the face about it to some of my friends, and they just aren't interested in keeping up with it. I don't get it! Esp with stuff as easy as the shopping and the special offers (like Bendaroos, things on TV)- if you're gonna buy it anyway, WHY NOT get cashback????????
    Sunshine RewardsRobin