Thread: Place to buy 13 piggy banks/coin jars?

Default Place to buy 13 piggy banks/coin jars?

Our school is raising money for Relay For Life, and we want to put change jars/ piggy banks in each classroom so kids/ parents can send in change. Does anyone know a place to get inexpensive plastic containers for this? I thought about 2-liter bottles, but I'm not sure all the coin types fit inside. My DD has a clear plastic piggy bank, but it was a gift a few years ago and I don't know where it was from.

Thank you for your help!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Oriental Trading Company has some for about $2 each. I don't know if those would be big enough, though.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'smom View Post
    Our school is raising money for Relay For Life, and we want to put change jars/ piggy banks in each classroom so kids/ parents can send in change. Does anyone know a place to get inexpensive plastic containers for this? I thought about 2-liter bottles, but I'm not sure all the coin types fit inside. My DD has a clear plastic piggy bank, but it was a gift a few years ago and I don't know where it was from.

Thank you for your help!
    Maybe check Ebay. I have gotten lots of things like that before.

Oriental trading has ceramic ones...
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Do you want the self counting kind? I got one for $15 at Taylor gifts and it counts the money as you drop it in. I know it is kind of pricey but thought I'd mention it.
    Sunshine Rewards

You may want to try a local bank. My DH's aunt works at a small community bank and they have truckloads of clear plastic piggies that they give away as promo items. Since it's for your child's school, I'm sure a local bank would be more than happy to donate a few.

If that doesn't pan out, I would check Oriental Trading (SR credit!) - they have various novelty ones. Or, other ideas...3 or 5 gallon water jugs (maybe call a water delivery service nearby and see if they have any rejects that can no longer be reused)...empty paint cans from Home Depot (I think you can buy them brand new and empty), have the kids decorate them and then cut an opening out of the lid to drop the money in.

Good luck!!
    Lori

Sunshine Rewards 8x Super Member

Thanks for all the ideas!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards