Thread: Tools and materials

Default Tools and materials

What tools, and materials do you think are the basics when it comes to scrapbooking, and cardmaking? And, what would you use each item for?

Quote Originally Posted by mommytotwo View Post
    What tools, and materials do you think are the basics when it comes to scrapbooking, and cardmaking? And, what would you use each item for?
    The basics to me are- paper, glue stick, embellishments. I love using qoutes and titles. I also try to jounal on some pages. Oh, and definitely several pairs of good scissors. I use a lot of the decorative ones as well.

I have several tools but I really don't use them all. I do plan on it when I get organized. I purchased some more stuff yesterday so hopefully I can create the space I need and want to get the ball rolling. I'm excited to see things come together.

I have tried the cardmaking. I use to make them on my Print Shop but I haven't in years.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Blessing and Miracle View Post
    The basics to me are- paper, glue stick, embellishments. I love using qoutes and titles. I also try to jounal on some pages. Oh, and definitely several pairs of good scissors. I use a lot of the decorative ones as well.

I have several tools but I really don't use them all. I do plan on it when I get organized. I purchased some more stuff yesterday so hopefully I can create the space I need and want to get the ball rolling. I'm excited to see things come together.

I have tried the cardmaking. I use to make them on my Print Shop but I haven't in years.

What type of embellishments do you use?

Does anyone have pictures of their finished cards, and scrapbook pages?

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I think a paper cutter is important. I can't cut a straight line and that makes it super easy for me. They run about $10.

Embellishments are like tags, brads, eyelets. If you get into that you'll need a hole punch for scrapbooks and a mat so you don't damage your table.

There are lots of scrapbook examples if you just go through people's individual threads in this section.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    I think a paper cutter is important. I can't cut a straight line and that makes it super easy for me. They run about $10.

Embellishments are like tags, brads, eyelets. If you get into that you'll need a hole punch for scrapbooks and a mat so you don't damage your table.

There are lots of scrapbook examples if you just go through people's individual threads in this section.
    Thank you. I had placed an order for brads, eyelets yesterday....so I can't wait to recieve those to try them out.
    I will have to take a look at other members links, thank you .

You all hit the biggies. I really love my paper cutter and my different scissors. I just added to my marker collection and inks....now I have a better collection for pick from. I also am adding to my stamp collection so I don't have to borrow as many from my friend. I also use my stamp cleaner solution and scrubbing pad. It makes a huge difference in cleaning them. I am now going to keep an eye out for ribbons and printed card stock on sale. Where did you order your eyelets and embellishments? I need to work on that soon.
    Marilyn

Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Sunni View Post
    You all hit the biggies. I really love my paper cutter and my different scissors. I just added to my marker collection and inks....now I have a better collection for pick from. I also am adding to my stamp collection so I don't have to borrow as many from my friend. I also use my stamp cleaner solution and scrubbing pad. It makes a huge difference in cleaning them. I am now going to keep an eye out for ribbons and printed card stock on sale. Where did you order your eyelets and embellishments? I need to work on that soon.
    I had ordered them from Joann.com

My order was shipped yesterday, so I get to play around with the items next week .

I've ordered a ton of eyelets and brads from Oriental Trading. You should check them out. I also have a Crocodile. It's used for inserting eyelets, brads and hole punching. It can be difficult and overwhelming to use but there are a lot of examples on youtube.com for this piece.

I also have a paper cutter and I just ordered that crafter lite because I still tend to cut crooked with the paper cutter so hopefully this lite will help.

I'm not to good with using stamps. My prints always seem to be crooked.

Once I get things settled and straightened, I'll post some pages for you to see.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Blessing and Miracle View Post
    I've ordered a ton of eyelets and brads from Oriental Trading. You should check them out. I also have a Crocodile. It's used for inserting eyelets, brads and hole punching. It can be difficult and overwhelming to use but there are a lot of examples on youtube.com for this piece.

I also have a paper cutter and I just ordered that crafter lite because I still tend to cut crooked with the paper cutter so hopefully this lite will help.

I'm not to good with using stamps. My prints always seem to be crooked.

Once I get things settled and straightened, I'll post some pages for you to see.
    I will check those out, thank you.
    I have a craftlite, and I like it. Especially since you have the different blades to choose from.
    For your stamps, are they mounted correctly? I have this one stamp that is not, and whenever I use it, it comes out crooked.