Thread: Any Good Computer Deals?

Default Any Good Computer Deals? UPDATE

I'm in the market for a new computer, but honestly, i don't know what to buy. I know how to USE a computer, but i don't know much about how they work. Soooo....anyone seen any good deals lately? I don't even know where to start.

UPDATE: well, i borrowed my uncle's laptop saturday morning to see if i could work on it, and sure enough, i signed right on and had NO problem working my little fingers off, so that told me the problem wasn't chacha, it was my old, worn-out computer. since i needed the computer immediately in order to work, my mom and i took off to wal-mart (all we have around here is wal-mart & officemax) and officemax and i came home with a new compaq pc ($398). i considered getting a laptop, but i really don't have time to learn to use it. my uncle gave me his old one to learn on when i have the time, and i might give it a try when i get caught up. thanks everyone
    Last edited by iluvamystery89; 02-09-2009 at 08:54 AM.

sooooooo...anyone seen any good computer deals? i might have to buy one to be able to work again. i noticed a new coupon for dell, but i'm not sold on them-i've heard they have really crappy customer service. anyone have any suggestions or seen any good bargains? i'd prefer to buy through SR, of course, if possible.

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

I havent' looked bc we just bought our laptop in July.
    You could check Circuit City since their going out of business. I had Dell for years and love them. Our laptop is a HP and the choices were between this and a Dell. My DH works as a computer programmer and his company (used to work for the same company) has leased many desktops, laptops etc and the ones that ever held up consistantly were Dell's.
    Sunshine Rewards

you know, i thought about circuit city, but i talked to a computer tech friend of mine last night regarding my work issue, and he said he had just stopped by circuit city and the prices weren't all that great; in fact, he said it looked like they had raised prices. DH and i heard on tv last night that they were 25% off...i think they had better deals than that at Christmas, lol.

we have 2 dells and love them, never had a problem.

I highly recommend Dell. Was talking to one of our AM;s the other day and he just bought one for 500.00 and uses it daily for work and loves it. I'd sure check those out.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

I bought a Dell a year ago. I actually had a problem and had to use Dell's customer service. I had a very good experience with them. I would definitely recommend their computers!