Thread: Tell me about your food processor

Default Tell me about your food processor

I HAD a Moulinex La Machine II (12 cup) that was quite old. I used it on occasion and didn't upgrade it because it worked.

I used it today and dropped and broke part of the cover. Of course it's the piece that goes into the machine and locks the cover so the machine will run. I looked to see if I could get a replacement part but the cover was recalled in 1986!! Who knew???

Now I need a new processor. I did a search on SR and there are hundreds of them. I have a small Cuisinart which I like so I was looking at that brand. They run from $150 to $1000. I just want a basic machine but would like it to be RED to match my kitchen. It doesn't have to knead dough but it has to be between 11-14 cups.

Any suggestions?
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

I also have a small Cuisinart and love it. I would like a bigger one someday too.
    Sunshine Rewards

We were questioning whether or not we really needed a bigger one since we hardly use it. I love my small Cuisinart too but sometimes it's just not large enough.

I hmade black bean soup yesterday. The recipe calls for grinding some of the beans with salsa. I woul dhave had to fill the small Cuisinart 3 times in order to do it all. With my La Machine, it all went in together.

We have several Cuisinart appliances so I think I might investigate those.

Thanks!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

When I make salsa, it takes forever!!! A big one would be great.
    Sunshine Rewards