Thread: Flip for $59!

Default Flip for $59!

Check out the Deal of the Day banner that is rotating at the top of the page. Amazon has a flip for $59.99!!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Holy cow that is good. Can you tell me more about the Flip? I might grab one for the cruise at that price.
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Ok I went to look at it. It says that it is only 30 minutes of video. Can you put extra memory cards in it to video or is 30 minutes it?
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    Holy cow that is good. Can you tell me more about the Flip? I might grab one for the cruise at that price.
    It's basically a very small, self contained video recorder. It doesn't have anything fancy--zoom, etc. It has a little viewing window and a button that lets you stop and start. You can playback and delete on the screen. This particular one is 30 minutes.

It has a USB connection so you just plug it directly into your laptop. And you can upload directly to Youtube and other sites straight from the camera without any editing or use the free Microsoft Windows Movie Maker if you want to add stuff like we do to our SR videos.

It's a fun way to start into adding video online. It's really basic but still makes nice quality videos for things like facebook, youtube, etc.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    Ok I went to look at it. It says that it is only 30 minutes of video. Can you put extra memory cards in it to video or is 30 minutes it?
    No cards. Pretty much what you get is what you get on the flip...no way to add microphones or anything.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

On the Ellen show they were showing her using one on her honeymoon and it was doing quite a bit more. She even gave out some to her audience.

Maybe it was a different one? But it definitely caught my attention.
    Sunshine Rewards

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

Cate, I took one on my cruise. However, I have the MinoHD version which is smaller and more pricey. It fit right in my pocket, no problem. Mine has 1 hour of video. I thought that would be too little, but I didn't even use half of it during the cruise. I just did around 30 plus short clips. One drawback is that you need to charge it and download it using the USB port on your computer. The cruise ship doesn't allow access to USB ports, at least mine didn't.

The Flip is available through SR on several sites, including TheFlip site, of course. As I stated, the mino version (HD or not) is slimmer than the regular. One advantage to the regular version is that you can get an underwater case for it to use while snorkeling. It's not available for the mino yet.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

Thanks guys. We are not bringing our laptops so I don't know if the Flip will be good for us. I might start checking buy.com and such to see if I can find a good deal on a small video recorder.
    Sunshine Rewards

You can't beat these flips though for carrying through a park or something like that. They are so easy to use and even 30 min is a good bit of time, even though you don't think that upfront. No cables to use to download, its built right into the camera and connects to your computer so easily. I can't say enough good about mine.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.