Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention ShoeBuy experts!!

Default Attention ShoeBuy experts!!

I need a shoe makeover and I need your help!!!! I really need a new pair of black dress shoes for a wedding coming up in September. And I'd like something that will take me throught the winter. But I'm having a couple problems.....

1.) I have about size 8, fat squatty feet and a not-so-svelt body. So I sometimes feel that I don't look good in dress shoes.

2.) I am very picky about my shoes being comfortable and am not into wearing very high heels. I can handle about 2-3 inches.

3.) I have a fear of buying shoes online. The only shoes I've ever bought online are crocs. I'm typically a PayLess kind of girl. (Don't judge me! )

Can anyone help or offer advice? I'd like to take advantage of the ShoeBuy deal right now, but I just don't know what to get.

I am no help, but from what I hear, I think it's Janet's or Kathie's Department. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ItsmeSunnyV View Post
    I am no help, but from what I hear, I think it's Janet's or Kathie's Department. LOL
    I think Janet buys something at least once a week as far as shoes online goes! she would be fo great help!
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsmeSunnyV View Post
    I know there are some "experts" out there. I just gotta get their attention!

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

Honestly you cant go wrong with Shoebuy because it is free to ship them back if they dont work. You lose nothing. I would go into the shoebuy website and you can narrow it down to allow you to choose all black dress shoes. You can even narrow it down to sling backs. I have short fat feet so shoes were always hard for me. I just kinda jumped in with both feet (no pun intended) the first time and now it doesnt worry me at all. Buy something cute and funky that you normally wouldn't get. Like a pair of high hell mary janes, or a black pump with a sexy Tstrap. Shoes are the one thing that I love because even when the rest of me looks horrible my shoes can look great!
    Sunshine Rewards

Told ya, she would know. lol

FYI, if I were you, I'd go somewhere to have my feet measured, to see if a wide width is needed. I have fat squatty feet, which I like to call hobbit feet (hence a username elsewhere), and I'm definitely a wide shoe person.

It's amazing how much more comfortable heels become, when you have the width right.

And since I don't have spindly legs, I personally don't wear spindly shoes. I like a chunkier heel, I feel it balances me out better than a spike heel would.
    Sunshine Rewards

Are you planning on wearing a dress/skirt mostly with these shoes or pants. I always wear pants. I'm not one for the newest, pointiest, most uncomfortable shoes. My favorite dress shoes are my Franco Sarto heels. I have several pairs.

Here is a nice pair at shoebuy.com that would go great with pants...

http://www.shoebuy.com/franco-sarto-nolan/58979/135937

Here is another pair (very similar to my favorites)

http://www.shoebuy.com/franco-sarto-.../202868/448154

Here is a cute pair that would go well with a dress/skirt...

http://www.shoebuy.com/franco-sarto-.../196474/437256

If you click on one of these links and like a pair you see, add them to your cart. Then come back to SR and click on the shoebuy.com link. Your shoes will still be in your cart and you will get your SR credit
    Lynn
    Sunshine Rewards

Well, for the wedding I will be wearing them with a pair of dressy black gauchos (don't laugh!). But mostly I'll be wearing them with pants.

That is a good suggestion to get measured....it's been years. Maybe I do need a wide width.

I think pair #2 is cute, but there doesn't look like much toe room.

What do you think of these? I think they're cute, just don't know about the fat feet thing.

http://www.shoebuy.com/life-stride-c.../212509/463602

If you find out that you have wide feet, once you start wearing shoes that are made in a wider width, you will like shoes more. I promise. Didn't you say you shop at Payless? I used to do, and they have widths. Try on a wide width shoe there...it's much more heavenly, and you don't squish out the sides like you might with a "regular" width shoe. It's nicer-looking, b/c there's actually ROOM for your foot, instead of having to play Cinderella's stepsister with the shoe.
    Sunshine Rewards