Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention ShoeBuy experts!!

Quote Originally Posted by JillyFish View Post
    Well, for the wedding I will be wearing them with a pair of dressy black gauchos (don't laugh!). But mostly I'll be wearing them with pants.

That is a good suggestion to get measured....it's been years. Maybe I do need a wide width.

I think pair #2 is cute, but there doesn't look like much toe room.

What do you think of these? I think they're cute, just don't know about the fat feet thing.

http://www.shoebuy.com/life-stride-c.../212509/463602
    Those are cute but I do think you might have a toe issue.

The #2 pair is just like my favorites and my toes aren't squished at all. It is actually a square toe which doesn't have that narrowing effect like so many other women's shoes have.

I wouldn't laugh at gauchos. I think they are actually really cute (although not on me for some reason!)
    Lynn
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I like the lifestrides posted. Those tend to be really comfortable. I tend to be sensitive to shoes as well (ignore the 3-4 inchers I have posted before). I tend not to do well with peep toes as I have wider feet near the toes as well. That would be my only hesitation with those. But they may not be too bad. Let me look around a little more.
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Ok still shopping. Not sure where you live but these may take you through the winter if you live in the south. They are aerosoles and have an open toe. I think they'd go with gauchos.

These are less open but I don't think they'd be as cute with gauchos. Aerosoles as well
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by jnorth1007 View Post
    Honestly you cant go wrong with Shoebuy because it is free to ship them back if they dont work. You lose nothing. I would go into the shoebuy website and you can narrow it down to allow you to choose all black dress shoes. You can even narrow it down to sling backs.

Great advice.

Quote Originally Posted by mollyeilis View Post
    FYI, if I were you, I'd go somewhere to have my feet measured, to see if a wide width is needed. I have fat squatty feet, which I like to call hobbit feet (hence a username elsewhere), and I'm definitely a wide shoe person.
    This is very good advice. Keep in mind that every company's sizing is just a bit different. I can wear anywhere from a 5M to a 5½W or a 6 depending on the manufacturer.

Quote Originally Posted by JillyFish View Post

What do you think of these? I think they're cute, just don't know about the fat feet thing.

http://www.shoebuy.com/life-stride-c.../212509/463602
    I think those are adorable and would look great with gaucho's. The strap around the ankle is a perfect accent.

You are lucky you can wear heels like that. Highest heels I can wear are about 1½" and that is pushing it for me.

I have fat feet. Right acorss the top of the foot. The only shoes that look really awful are ones that have very little material across that space.

Like Janet mentioned you can order several pairs as they do free returns.

Good luck!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    Ok still shopping. Not sure where you live but these may take you through the winter if you live in the south. They are aerosoles and have an open toe. I think they'd go with gauchos.

These are very cute but notice how skinny the inside of the shoe is. I think you have to have a fairly narrow foot for these to look good. I bought a similar pair.........my short fat feet looked like duck feet in them.

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG I just ordered this shoe in red about 10 minutes ago lol
    I was looking for something with a heel I could wear with pants or jeans and they are Aerosoles so they should be pretty comfortable. I cant believe that LOL at least I know I made a good choice. I saved around 13 bucks on them also
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by jnorth1007 View Post
    OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG I just ordered this shoe in red about 10 minutes ago lol
    I LOVE red shoes!!!

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

This is my first pair of red shoes and I have fretted over which pair to buy. I have been dying for a pair and they just didnt have the perfect pair but this was close. The only thing that would have made them perfect would have been a skinny little tstrap. They are very cute though and I think I will love them.
    Sunshine Rewards

Jumping in here to talk about my favorite subject!!! I love the last couple of pairs pictured. The only problem I see with the earlier ankle straps pictured is that if you don't have thin legs/ankles, they canlook (no offense intended -- I haven't seen your ankles) like you are putting a rubber band around a pillow. Just be careful with that. The open ones will lengthen your leg and make you look more slender.

Quote Originally Posted by 3dog2kidmom View Post
    Jumping in here to talk about my favorite subject!!! I love the last couple of pairs pictured. The only problem I see with the earlier ankle straps pictured is that if you don't have thin legs/ankles, they canlook (no offense intended -- I haven't seen your ankles) like you are putting a rubber band around a pillow. Just be careful with that. The open ones will lengthen your leg and make you look more slender.

Thanks that's good advice.....and no offense taken!!!

Keep all the suggestions coming please! I'm going to have to do some more browsing tomorrow I think.