Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pick a Prize

I think it should be an universal gift. If it's a gift card I'd prefer it be a Mastercard/Visa or SR can earn cash back by purchasing an American Express card to give away. The idea of picking from the list of gift cards that SR offers is fine as well.

The IPod is fine as well. I think whatever you guys decide to giveaway would be appreciated.
    Sunshine Rewards

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007

The thing about a gift card is that it can be hard to market. Part of the contest is going to be to attract new members....and you have to get them with just a sentence or two. We've run Amazon Gift Cards as prizes before for new member contests and had almost no participants. In fact, I think the last time we ran an Amazon Gift Card video contest, we only had ONE participant.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

maybe you could use ipod to attract and in small print list other options for cashout... As much as I love Disney. $50 would be fun to take to walmart and get a little something for everyone in household.
    Patti
    Photobucket
    wDisneySecrets.com Ticker

Sunshine RewardsPhotobucket

I think anything offered for a $50 prize would be great.

But I prefer a universal gift card or a gc of choice (Borders, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Disney, Target, Walmart----choices to be determined by Tricia) as mentioned above.

Many of the MC/Visa gift cards have fees associated with activating them. Anyone know about AMEX?

I received a $25 Visa gc for Christmas and the giftgiver paid $5.00 to activate it. There are so many restrictions as far as redeeming them.......I couldn't buy anything that costs more than the face value of the GC or it would be denied. PITA!!! I ended up buying a $25 ebay GC that didn't have any activation fees.

I'm wondering if the activation costs increase with the amount of the GC. Anyone know?
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    The thing about a gift card is that it can be hard to market. Part of the contest is going to be to attract new members....and you have to get them with just a sentence or two. We've run Amazon Gift Cards as prizes before for new member contests and had almost no participants. In fact, I think the last time we ran an Amazon Gift Card video contest, we only had ONE participant.

Do you think it was because it was a VIDEO contest? I don't participate in the video contests because I'm not video savvy enough. Plus time is a constraint with me. While the contest might appeal to me the use of video doesn't. Just my opinion.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

How about a $50 GC from Supercertificates.com ??? That would allow the person to choose from hundreds of different stores.
    Sunshine Rewards

wow Lots of ideas here....I do like the Ipod or a gift certificate of maybe a couple of choices.
    Marilyn

Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

oohhhh, so this is partially to attract new members? an mp3 player is a GREAT prize. honestly, if i won something, i'd be so overjoyed i wouldn't care what it was, lol. i'm sure the prize will be terrific

Actually, I want to run THREE contests! One on Twitter, one on Facebook, and one about surveys. So prizes for new and old members both.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by ~Kathie View Post

Many of the MC/Visa gift cards have fees associated with activating them. Anyone know about AMEX?

I received a $25 Visa gc for Christmas and the giftgiver paid $5.00 to activate it. There are so many restrictions as far as redeeming them.......I couldn't buy anything that costs more than the face value of the GC or it would be denied. PITA!!! I ended up buying a $25 ebay GC that didn't have any activation fees.

I'm wondering if the activation costs increase with the amount of the GC. Anyone know?

That's wierd. I buy them every Christmas for my kids and they've never problems. I, too, use them on vacation and never had any problems as well.

If my purchase is more than the face value, I simple tell the cashier that I want to put xxx amount on this card and I'll pay cash for the remainder. Heck, I've even used several of them at one time that had small balances.
    I've even used some online at the larger retail stores like Target, Walmart, and Macys.

As far as the activation fee I've never paid more than 4.95. HTH.

Tricia, maybe a lot of people aren't aware of Amazon.com. I've never even heard of them until I've became a member of sunshine. And I've never purchased anything from them either, don't even think I've visited their website.
    Sunshine Rewards