Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: US Prize Draw: Alert

Default US Prize Draw: Alert

Please be careful if you come across any US Prize Draw offers. We discovered a $15 voicemail charge on our phone bill today. Now, I don't complete many offers. In fact, I would say that I don't even test but 2 or 3 offers a month anymore. And I read the fine print VERY carefully. Not only did I not sign up for a Prize Draw offer, but the US Prize Draw page does not even have a voicemail offer on it.

I know it's like turning away business, but I have to warn everyone to be super careful about completing freebie offers. I hate that we even offer them, but we would lose many of you as members if we didn't. We try to separate out "freebie" as the ones that are just collecting your data as opposed to the other more legit types of offers. But I don't know that everyone understands that.

If it were up to me, all of these freebie offers would be outlawed by the FTC as fraudulent and no rewards sites would even have access to them. Then I wouldn't have to feel so guilty about the prospect that some of you might be taken advantage of.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

You are such a class act, Tricia (not that anyone should be surprised by that, but it is worth saying again). We all appreciate your integrity and how you watch out for us.

Hope you don't have any trouble getting that charge taken care of. I'm not a big fan of freebie offers, but I love SR!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Where would these US Prize Draw Offers be located? Are they something that we would check off while doing these freebie offers? Thanks for the heads up and I agree, you have integrity!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

In the past year I have had three different phone bills with strange charges on them. I know the charges come from offers. I am just more careful and check my phone bill closely. I have always been able to have the charges reversed because I never did sign up for the service.
    Sammielynn

Thanks for watching our backs!

Thanks for the alert. I don't do many freebies as I noticed that even if I didn't check anything, or even checked no when necessary, I started getting gazillions of junk emails when I would do offers. Thanks, again, for letting us know these things.
    Magic Maker, Off to Neverland Travel Co.

Quote Originally Posted by sammielynn View Post
    In the past year I have had three different phone bills with strange charges on them. I know the charges come from offers. I am just more careful and check my phone bill closely. I have always been able to have the charges reversed because I never did sign up for the service.
    Ask your phone company if they can put a block on third party charges. I had charges show up on my phone bill a few years back (which I'm sure came from some type of offer), and verizon said I could place a block on my phone so it wouldn't happen again.

I now have my phone service through the cable company and I pay a flat fee per month. I wonder if charges like these can show up on cable phone? Anyone have that happen?
    Debbie

I have had several charges on my phone bill the past couple of years. I know they came from the offers. Now, this is what I do: On the pages where you are going to check skip or no, I make sure to delete my phone #. That has helped a lot. Also, even when I check no, I still get mail from diferent offers. The freebies are a good way to pick up some extra money and are a nice perk. Thanks for your honesty!
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Martha

Thanks for the warning! I try to be very careful when doing the freebie offers, but I have gotten calls from telemarketers plus tons of junk email. I also got signed up for some text service but got it cancelled right away. I have also gotten stuff I wanted, like email subscriptions I can use or Visa gc's and samples in the mail. I still love the freebie offers though, it's a great way to earn credits when I can't get a survey.
    Claudia

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Thanks yet again for having our back!

I have FIOS and a triple play package with mine and haven't noticed any charges on there. I did however find one on my cell phone bill last year and was able to get that reveresed.
    Hopefully it was easily taken care of.
    Sunshine Rewards