Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: US Prize Draw: Alert

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    Please be careful if you come across any US Prize Draw offers. We discovered a $15 voicemail charge on our phone bill today. Now, I don't complete many offers. In fact, I would say that I don't even test but 2 or 3 offers a month anymore. And I read the fine print VERY carefully. Not only did I not sign up for a Prize Draw offer, but the US Prize Draw page does not even have a voicemail offer on it.

I know it's like turning away business, but I have to warn everyone to be super careful about completing freebie offers. I hate that we even offer them, but we would lose many of you as members if we didn't. We try to separate out "freebie" as the ones that are just collecting your data as opposed to the other more legit types of offers. But I don't know that everyone understands that.

If it were up to me, all of these freebie offers would be outlawed by the FTC as fraudulent and no rewards sites would even have access to them. Then I wouldn't have to feel so guilty about the prospect that some of you might be taken advantage of.
    thanks for telling us!

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.

Quote Originally Posted by dawgsgirl View Post
    I have had several charges on my phone bill the past couple of years. I know they came from the offers. Now, this is what I do: On the pages where you are going to check skip or no, I make sure to delete my phone #. That has helped a lot. Also, even when I check no, I still get mail from diferent offers. The freebies are a good way to pick up some extra money and are a nice perk. Thanks for your honesty!

What a great idea Martha! Thanks, I never thought to do that.

I have gotten charges on my phone bill 3 times over the past few years and have always been able to get them off until 3 months ago when it happened. I know they came from offers, but have struggled getting this one resolved. I think I finally have and my phone company also just offered to put a block on these companies which I think will help. I have started to look even more closely at the offers that I do. Thanks for always looking out for us Tricia!

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Thanks for the heads up! I will be more careful.
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards