Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pin Swap anyone?

Those Pirate Cuties are adorable! I might have to get myself a pack of those very soon!

By the way, I don't trade. I just buy what I like for my own rather small collection.
    Heather
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by speechteachri View Post
    I think they might still have that other "babies" set as well. I remember commenting on NOT liking the babies sets on our recent trip, because every cast member had tons of them! On our last trip, dd was able to trade for a lot of really nice pins. This trip she got some (especially hidden Mickeys) but unless she saw them first thing in the morning she was really out of luck. Everyone is buying the sets of babies now because they are cheaper and trading them 1 for 1 with the bigger pins. They are a better bargain, but it is kind of annoying, in my opinion. We bought some pins to trade while we were there, and I bought a set of 4 regular size pins, because I didn't want to add to the baby pins everyone already had.

No flames please, I understand they are a better value...JMHO.
    I know what you mean. We just got them because we got into the trading and they are a better deal. We did find though that if you just kept your eyes open that you could find a lot of cast members in not so populated areas/high traffic areas that didn't have them so we could trade. I think it just depends also on when the shift changes are. I think we bought 1 set of cuties down there and spaced them out over a day so we weren't trading them all on one day and then buying more.
    Sunshine Rewards

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

I am a huge pin person. Count me in.

Kim

Quote Originally Posted by speechteachri View Post
    I think they might still have that other "babies" set as well. I remember commenting on NOT liking the babies sets on our recent trip, because every cast member had tons of them! On our last trip, dd was able to trade for a lot of really nice pins. This trip she got some (especially hidden Mickeys) but unless she saw them first thing in the morning she was really out of luck. Everyone is buying the sets of babies now because they are cheaper and trading them 1 for 1 with the bigger pins. They are a better bargain, but it is kind of annoying, in my opinion. We bought some pins to trade while we were there, and I bought a set of 4 regular size pins, because I didn't want to add to the baby pins everyone already had.

No flames please, I understand they are a better value...JMHO.
    That what i did when i frist started pin tradeing, I bought different 4 packs, all the ones that had a chip and dale in the ofcourse, and traded the others, I almost never had a problem, Then the cuties, babise came out and they were every where, just like the kodak 2004 and the 2000 danceing pin you know what they are the ones that are on 90% of the cast memebers lanyards. So before i went again i got a good deal on a few hundred cast lanyard, hidden mickey pins off ebay, before those were copied and scrapered! they were for 3 of us to trade with, I still have about 20 or 30 so i will be using them again this time and only adding to the trader pile with mystersets if i cant find the ones from the mystery sets on some cast lanyard!

I can not however say anything bad about the price, if all you needed are some traders the price is GREAT!!!!
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

Okay I need help. What are the differences in pins. I see you talk about trader pins and that not all pins are trader pins. I would love to have a quick tutorial so I can think about this for my kids next trip. We went in January but they were still pretty young. We will go back in a year and a half and they will be perfect ages for trading pins then. Thanks for some guidance.
    <Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonfamily4 View Post
    Okay I need help. What are the differences in pins. I see you talk about trader pins and that not all pins are trader pins. I would love to have a quick tutorial so I can think about this for my kids next trip. We went in January but they were still pretty young. We will go back in a year and a half and they will be perfect ages for trading pins then. Thanks for some guidance.

Ok I will try to help. First of any pin that is metal and (C)Disney can be a trader pin. I like to collect Chip and Dale pins, others like stitch, etc....
    When i talked about buying traders what i ment was buying offical disney pins as cheap as possiable to trade with Cast Members in the parks as 90% of CM wear lanyards and they must trade limit 2 trades per cm per persond per day, must be for a pin not already on the lanyard and must be an offical disney pin! Because the pins i buy for myself cost about $12 or more each!

But you ask what are on the cast member lanyards, they can be anything, from special hidden mickey pins only to be obtained by tradeing to pins people no longer wanted that they traded! You never know what you will find but its fun looking and tradeing. Some times you trade for a pin decied you no longer want it and trade it for something else, thats the fun in pin tradeing.

The best advice i can give is to buy the pins cheap since your kids are younger so it will save you money and you not wondering why they are tradeing away $12, 15, 20 pins. and to Remember pin tradeing is to be fun! The best way to get cheaper pins is first buy them an lanyard and pinset if they do not have laynards, you can get them for like $50 with 8 pins and one lanyard! then buy the 4 packs, mystery packs, or other cheaper sets! if and when they need more. Also a good idea to ask them what type of pins they want, are looking for so you can help. I almost forgot If a cast member has a green lanyard then only children under 10 can trade them, and those CM are usualy very helpful to children!

I hope all of this has helped alittle if you still have questions or if i caused you more questions just ask and i will try to answer them again!
    -NOn DisBoards

Thank you
    We have lanyards from the year of a million dreams we were given in January. So we will probably use those.

What is the etiquette for trading? Do we have to trade if someone asks? do we have to trade all our pins, or can we say these two or off limits?

I guess I should start looking for some less expensive ones now, and make sure they are made by Disney.
    <Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonfamily4 View Post
    Thank you
    We have lanyards from the year of a million dreams we were given in January. So we will probably use those.

What is the etiquette for trading? Do we have to trade if someone asks? do we have to trade all our pins, or can we say these two or off limits?

I guess I should start looking for some less expensive ones now, and make sure they are made by Disney.
    Pin trading ROCKS...I traded some stuff on the DisBoards for pins, some of the ones that this lady gave me were SMALL I am almost embarassed to trade them out, but I figure I will give those to my DDs to trade.

You don't have to trade with anyone that you don't want to. The cast members on the other hand do have to trade. I honestly haven't seen a lot of trading between tourists, mostly between tourists and the CMs.

I love pin trading also I collect chip and dale...my one son is a stitch freak....the other sorcerer mickey and my husband likes the older looking pins and other odd ball pins.......I bought some off ebay to trade that were cheaper and some from the disney shopping sight last year that were 3.99 pins.

Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by mseg16222 View Post
    I love pin trading also I collect chip and dale...my one son is a stitch freak....the other sorcerer mickey and my husband likes the older looking pins and other odd ball pins.......I bought some off ebay to trade that were cheaper and some from the disney shopping sight last year that were 3.99 pins.
    Did you steal my family lol.

I collect Chip and Dale
    My Brother collects Sorcerer Mickey
    My Sisters Is a stitch freak...

Well my dad he collects a few eeyores
    My mom collects any donalds, we come across.

Almost the same!

last year i bought a few sets off ebay of the castlanyard serries only, and I love the semi-annual pin sale on Ds. i was able to get myster pin sets for about 3.25 a pin after tax and shipping!

If your tradeing any chip and dale pins let me know or if you have some wants i might be able to help!
    -NOn DisBoards