Thread: Verizon Fios

Question Verizon Fios

I recently switched from Comcast to Verizon Fios. Since them, I've noticed that the majority of offers I do are not crediting. I've cleared cookies before doing the offers and made sure that my cookie handling is correctly set up. I've run Ad-Aware, but am now wondering if there's something in Verizon's setup that's preventing credit. Anyone have any ideas?
    Barb

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by DarcyDog View Post
    I recently switched from Comcast to Verizon Fios. Since them, I've noticed that the majority of offers I do are not crediting. I've cleared cookies before doing the offers and made sure that my cookie handling is correctly set up. I've run Ad-Aware, but am now wondering if there's something in Verizon's setup that's preventing credit. Anyone have any ideas?
    I've had Verizon FIOS for as long as I've been a member of SR and I haven't had any problems. (Well with the FIOS vs crediting, doesn't mean I haven't hit a dry spell with offers though)

The only thing I would check is if you have a seperate firewall with the FIOS that may be blocking/changing your cookies. I had that with comcast before and it was a double layer. We use Norton so I took the one from Comcast off and just use Norton.
    Sunshine Rewards

How do I check that? I really am quite computer illiterate as far as these security measures go.
    Barb

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by DarcyDog View Post
    How do I check that? I really am quite computer illiterate as far as these security measures go.
    Go to control panel and add/remove programs. Search to see which anti-virus software your running. For me I realized we had both McAfee running in the backround and Norton which was the one we installed. I had to de-install McAfee. Just make sure you have one installed. I don't have any adware or spybot programs installed on my pc though. So for me I know that the ONLY thing that should be running to protect my pc is Norton. If your not sure please check with someone before removing programs though.
    Sunshine Rewards

Have you done an OTX survey since getting Fios? If you're having cookie issues, the OTX wouldn't credit.
    I'm on Fios and have had no credit issues due to Fios.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    Have you done an OTX survey since getting Fios? If you're having cookie issues, the OTX wouldn't credit.
    I'm on Fios and have had no credit issues due to Fios.
    Good point. I didn't think of that. While it's not been a good month for me as far as surveys go, I have been getting credit for the OTX surveys I've completed. Maybe it's just a dry spell. Thanks!
    Barb