Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strange thing happened when I logged into my account

Default Strange thing happened when I logged into my account

I filed a TT.....it's too complicated to go into.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

I had a strange thing happen to me too a few days ago, I wonder if it was the same thing? I didn't think of filing a TT but maybe I should? It only happened just once and no weird stuff since.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Are you both on Verizon?
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

no, I'm on Comcast
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Okay, problem solved, world saved! After some quick research by Tricia, we've discovered that when you log in with a bad password, there is a very random chance that you will get a trash account. This account is where errored out transactions are logged. The detail you are seeng is not from any member's account but from an actual SR business account. I assure you that your accounts are secure. I was able to duplicate the problem and got the same account that Kathie described. The tickets visible on this account are ones filed by confused members while in the account explaining that their account was messed up. Because they weren't actually logged in, the tickets landed in this same "trash" (for lack of a better word) account.

So, long story short:

1. The problem occurs very randomly and ONLY when using a bad password.
    2. The account is not functional and does not include any information associated with a member. Your accounts are secure. Noone has access to your info unless they know your email and password.
    3. Thanks to a couple of accidental occurrences this afternoon close together, we've discovered the problem and will ensure it is corrected.

Thanks to Kathie for her detailed explanation. It is because of your ticket that we were able to track the problem down.
    Angie

Quote Originally Posted by missangie View Post
    Thanks to Kathie for her detailed explanation. It is because of your ticket that we were able to track the problem down.
    This is absolutely what did it! We were able to search the specific trouble tickets and orders and get to the root of the problem. Thank you, Kathie!!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

Yeah that happened to me today too but I just went back and cleared cookies again and then had no problem
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by missangie View Post
    Okay, problem solved, world saved! After some quick research by Tricia, we've discovered that when you log in with a bad password, there is a very random chance that you will get a trash account. This account is where errored out transactions are logged. The detail you are seeng is not from any member's account but from an actual SR business account. I assure you that your accounts are secure. I was able to duplicate the problem and got the same account that Kathie described. The tickets visible on this account are ones filed by confused members while in the account explaining that their account was messed up. Because they weren't actually logged in, the tickets landed in this same "trash" (for lack of a better word) account.

So, long story short:

1. The problem occurs very randomly and ONLY when using a bad password.
    2. The account is not functional and does not include any information associated with a member. Your accounts are secure. Noone has access to your info unless they know your email and password.
    3. Thanks to a couple of accidental occurrences this afternoon close together, we've discovered the problem and will ensure it is corrected.

Thanks, very similar to what happened to me but I really think in my case it was a real person. They had filed a TT asking why there was a 0.00 balance in their account when it should be $40+. there was shopping and referral credits in the history too. Does this sound like the same?
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post
    Thanks, very similar to what happened to me but I really think in my case it was a real person. They had filed a TT asking why there was a 0.00 balance in their account when it should be $40+. there was shopping and referral credits in the history too. Does this sound like the same?
    That's exactly the same. It wasn't actually a real person. They filed the trouble ticket FROM the blank account when they accidentally logged into it like you did. And the credits in the account were all credits that were errored out from bad database processes.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    This is absolutely what did it! We were able to search the specific trouble tickets and orders and get to the root of the problem. Thank you, Kathie!!
    Glad I could help.............and yes...I am on Verizon (who does some REALLY funky things sometimes!!! )

Anything about the referral I mentioned in the TT. It's a yahoo email address. I can provide you with the name, address or whatever if needed.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by ~Kathie; 02-26-2009 at 07:12 PM.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards